We were two couples and stayed here in two dobble rooms in the begining of June. There rooms were spacious and stylishly furnished. As an amateur photographer myself, I appreciate the photos of Amsterdam on the walls. It was a small, but nice, quite unique detail.
I also want to mention, the the curtains of the room were the tickest I have ever seen ( I have stayed in over 300 hotels throughout the world). Great, the light and sunshine do not distrub good sleep. The bed was one of the best I have slept in.
There were two things I didn't like. First, the fact that the bed linnen are changed only after three nights was hidden in a small piece of paper placed in the bathroom. Please, let the traveller to choose himself, in a five-star hotel the customer has paid for fresh sheets daily. It is okay, the provide a sign that can be put on the bed, if the traveller wants to use the same sheet again. But place the sign cleary by the bed, don't hide it in the bathroom. And I have a strong opinion, that the bed linnen should be changed daily unless the customer indicates the opposite, not the other way round.
The room rate included free wifi "in the public area". After trying to sign without success floor in the elevator lobby for fiveteen minutes, I stand in the line for the reception for ten minutes. I was told that public area doesn't mean all public area, but only the first floor lobby ans the restaurants. The price for in-room wifi was over 30 euros a day, which is absolutely ridiculous,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International