“Good hotel, very expensive wifi” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #48 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Espoo, Finland
“Good hotel, very expensive wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were two couples and stayed here in two dobble rooms in the begining of June. There rooms were spacious and stylishly furnished. As an amateur photographer myself, I appreciate the photos of Amsterdam on the walls. It was a small, but nice, quite unique detail.

I also want to mention, the the curtains of the room were the tickest I have ever seen ( I have stayed in over 300 hotels throughout the world). Great, the light and sunshine do not distrub good sleep. The bed was one of the best I have slept in.

There were two things I didn't like. First, the fact that the bed linnen are changed only after three nights was hidden in a small piece of paper placed in the bathroom. Please, let the traveller to choose himself, in a five-star hotel the customer has paid for fresh sheets daily. It is okay, the provide a sign that can be put on the bed, if the traveller wants to use the same sheet again. But place the sign cleary by the bed, don't hide it in the bathroom. And I have a strong opinion, that the bed linnen should be changed daily unless the customer indicates the opposite, not the other way round.

The room rate included free wifi "in the public area". After trying to sign without success floor in the elevator lobby for fiveteen minutes, I stand in the line for the reception for ten minutes. I was told that public area doesn't mean all public area, but only the first floor lobby ans the restaurants. The price for in-room wifi was over 30 euros a day, which is absolutely ridiculous,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear 33tu,

Thank you very much for leaving this extended review of Hilton Amsterdam here on TripAdvisor.

It is a true pleasure to read that you had a comfortable sleep, because the bed was one of the best you have slept in and the curtains the thickest you have ever seen.

It is fantastic that you have spotted the photos of Amsterdam. As an amateur photographer, you might also be interested to know that last week we have launched an Instagram account.

Thank you very much for your two comments regarding the communication of our WiFi and laundry services. We will discuss within our Management Team how we can improve these.

We hope to be welcoming you back to Hilton Amsterdam in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stay was paid by the firm I work for so I'm not sure I could afford to come regularly to this hotel (e.g. a bottle of water priced 8€). Still, service and facilities were very very good and staff helpful. I had a room with view on the canal where you can take a boat for a ride. Really happy of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ms. Lucie F,

Such a wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor!

It is truly marvellous to read that you enjoyed Hilton Amsterdam so much. It is one of our missions to have our Guest leave in a happy mood, just like yourself.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, either as tourist or for business purposes.

Kindest regards,

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband was here for a meeting, so we stayed in the hotel. I've stayed in a variety of older hotels in the old city, and was a bit reserved about staying in a corporate type hotel farther out. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff is very, very friendly. The location on a canal makes for a beautiful terrace for drinks and meals. It was a short walk to the Museumplein. I also enjoyed we were out of the congestion of the old city area. The location allowed me to rent a bike and visit Amsterdam Forest, on the recommendation of the porter. I have been to Amsterdam many times, and I would definitely come back here! If you can, get a room on the canal side for a pretty view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Utahk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed our hotel to every extend. I must agree that our Team Members are very friendly and the Vondelpark is indeed beautiful to visit by bike.

For your future stay, don’t forget to inform us of your room preference (upon availability) and we will be ready to welcome you back to Hilton Amsterdam!

Best regards,

Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The terrace was awesome for an app and cocktails however it was really far from the center of the action in town. You really have to take the metro, it is walkable but far. If you do take the metro you have to buy the ticket at the hotel in advance. No one tells you this. WE had no idea what to do once we got on the train and there was no machine to buy from. Once you get the ticket you have to swipe it getting on and off the train! That would have been helpful for the hotel to tell us. LOL
The rooms were very nice just not close enough for my liking. I know 15 minutes doesn't sound like a far walk but I think its longer than that and you end up walking all over once you get to the market area that its going to seem far later that day after a few cocktails and dinner.

Dear Ms. Linda C,

Your review of Hilton Amsterdam is highly appreciated!

The feedback you provide regarding the tram tickets is very helpful, as this reminds our concierge team to keep sharing these tips and tricks, as this is very useful information to the majority of our guests. The concierges would also be pleased to show you all hidden gems in our direct neighbourhood. There are some lovely restaurants, world-famous museums and a great park.

We are delighted that you liked the rooms and we hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel with spacious room, and a really good bar that serves good food. Been dining there two nights in a row and I can still do more had I been staying in the hotel. I love the small terrace by the river and where you can take a drink outside during a good day. The hotel also comes with a small coffee shop, so if don't fancy big hotel breakfasts, at least you got an alternative choice.

The only compliant that I have is you have to pay 25 euros for the internet, which is ultra expensive. and this is more or less regardless whether you got your hiltons honors or not, which makes it even worse! Otherwise, it's a decent hotel to be in.

Room Tip: As for a room that faces the canel, you will get the best view
Dear muse m,

Thank you for sharing your picture to support your review of Hilton Amsterdam here on TripAdvisor.

It is marvellous to read that you have been dining with us for two nights and that you could still do more. Our teams in Roberto’s Restaurant and the Half Moon Lounge are more than happy to spoil you again on your next visit.

Regarding the Internet, I would like to inform you that we offer complimentary WiFi in our public areas as well as in our Business Centre.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights after staying 2 nights at the Doubletree Hotel by Centraal Station. I preferred the Hilton Amsterdam (which was much cheaper!). The hotel is 1 block from the #16 tram which is easy to take to the museum area (if you don't want the ~15 min comfortable walk in good weather), the market area, Heineken experience, and Dam square.

The beds were firm and comfortable with excellent pillows. We were upgraded to the Executive level 9th floor (facing away from the canal) since I'm a Hilton gold member (free and fast internet too). The breakfast and evening food selections were great and the attendants were helpful. The lounge on the 10th floor is all glass with wonderful city views. The room was very quiet and the bathroom is large with good counter space and very accommodating with robes and slippers.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear KrisKT,

Thank you very much for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam here on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you were happy with your stay and the location we’re in. It is only a short stroll from Vondelpark and also the cosy restaurants in the neighbourhood serve delicious dishes. For authentic Italian cuisine, we would love to welcome you to Roberto’s Restaurant.

On the 10th floor you indeed have a fantastic 360⁰ panoramic view of the city of Amsterdam. Did you know that Museum Square, which you can see from there, is definitely worth visiting? There are several world renowned museums like Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk Museum.

We know that our guests value a good night’s sleep and that is why we offer a pillow menu. This way you can combine our firm and comfortable beds with the pillow of your choice.

It would be a delight if we could welcome you back with us in the near future.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I did visit this hotel in 3 occasions and each did receive a great welcome and nice service. I must say that the hotel on top of the high standards applied in Hilton, they have the luxury of a great italian restaurant in their walls and for me this is a fantastic plus as the quality there is woaw!

I want to really highlight the quality of the executive lounge... Service is great and food variety is fantastic... It's location on the roof also offers a great view on Amsterdam and this completes the experience!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Serge B,

What a wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It is a true delight to read that you received a great welcome and nice service. Our Team Members take great pride in delivering exceptional service.

Did you know that we have just recently launched our new summer menu in Roberto’s Restaurant? It’s ‘pura cucina Italiana’!

We hope that you we can welcome you back to Hilton Amsterdam again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Amsterdam? Share your experiences!