“Great terrace @ Half moon lounge!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #50 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Great terrace @ Half moon lounge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The setting of the terrace by the canal is fantastic! Very relaxing! Especially service and politeness of the hotel staff at Half moon lounge (especially Sofia)! I strongly suggest it! The prices are above average but this is expected for a bar situated in Hilton hotel ( 2 beers 15€)! Enjoy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Sotiria,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and your recommendation finds me well.

I have personally shared your positivity with the team and especially with Sofia. The theatre set-up of the terrace gives everybody its own unique view of the garden and marina.

I hope to get the chance to welcome you again with us in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

With the great weather you would not find a greater position next to the river. It is also a great position close to Vondelpark. Staff very helpful. Price slightly on the high side. Wifi quite expensive. Close to public transport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Pierre,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Amsterdam.

It is with great pleasure that I reply to your fantastic review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hotel. The accessibility of the hotel is one of its strong points and offers you many opportunities to see the city or its surroundings. I have shared you positive comment with the staff and take your notes about the pricing very seriously.

I hope to welcome you soon with us again.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton hotel during a business trip to Amsterdam. I didn´t have too much time to enjoy their different ammenities, but I certainly would recommend this hotel for anybody on business who needs a quiet place to rest, work from and/or have a meeting. Also, the professionals working at the hotel where always atentive and helpful. Really nice experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Inmaculada,

Thank you for letting us know how we are meeting your expectations.

It is great to hear that our service and facilities were to your liking. One of the hotel strong points is the location. It is situated precisely between the business district and the old city centre which provides our guest with the peace and quiet they need to rest and work but also the buzz of the city just around the corner. I hope we can welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel was very pleasant and the staff were very willing to assist. We were upgraded to a canal view room and were arriving early so I had arranged to drop off the luggage early and before we could book in. However on arrival the room was ready and we were able to check in and put our luggage in the room.

I notice on some reviews there are comments regarding the cost of getting into Amsterdam by Taxi however the 16 & 5 Trams can be picked up just round the corner from the hotel and the trams are €2.8 for a 1 hour ticket or €7.50 for 24 hours of unlimited travel around the city which makes it great value.

The terrace overlooking the canal was great for drinks and to relax but having eaten in the hotel the prices were excessive (€26.50 for breakfast) and the main restaurant and bar were very expensive and were not good value, unless you are on expenses I would suggest you look elsewhere. if you come out of the hotel turn left and left again and cross the main road there is a fantastic cafe/bakers for refreshments or head into Amsterdam to eat.

Other than that the hotel is great and they also offer a fixed price €35 taxi service to the airport. Whilst it is a little out of town this was actually quite nice and with the ease of getting in on the trams (approx 15min on a 16 to Dam Square) it was a better option than being in the centre of things.

I will stay there again in future.

Room Tip: The canal view rooms are nice but the Hotel is in a quiet residential area so it just depends if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Modorator,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Amsterdam.

With great detail you describe how you experienced your stay with us. It is with guest like you we can truly improve our services and facilities. I am very glad to hear that you found our location and services convenient. I take your comment regarding the value for money very seriously and have immediately discussed them with team to see how we can improve this matter. I hope to get the chance to welcome you in the near future.

Kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a fabulous hotel!
I was on a tour so we obviously got this at a good rate. I spent 3 extra nights on my own after the tour and the hotel wanted too much money so I found a B&B. But I definitely felt spoiled for sure after being in this luxurious hotel it was hard to settle in the B&B even though it was OK.
I loved my room. The towels are big and soft. I loved the robe and slippers. The hairdryer is in the drawer under the TV. It says so in the bathroom about that.
The rooms have a coffee maker with real cups and saucers, no paper cups! Awesome!
I enjoyed the breakfast: bacon, sausage, eggs, variety of fruit,cold cuts, cheeses, variety of cereals to choose form, biscuits/crackers. The staff serve you orange juice and coffee.
There is an ATM machine across the street.
There is free WIFI in the lobby but not in the rooms. And if you’re like me and didn’t bring a computer device, they do have a business centre with three PCs and a printer.
If you need to use the tram, it’s #16 and the stop is DeLairessestraat (it’s also the name of the street that’s a couple of blocks from the hotel where you need to catch the tram). The tram heads straight for the Dam and Central Station.
The one drawback, the drinks are overpriced. The first night the group got there, it was so nice we went to sit outside overlooking the water. I ordered tea (at 6 Euros) and even asked for more hot water. Go to the store about a 10 minute walk and get some drinks and take back to the room. Cheaper.

Room Tip: Loved the bathrobe and slippers
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your amazing review of Hilton Amsterdam.

With such great detail you have described you stay with us. I have personally shared you fantastic comments with the team. It is great to hear you experienced a very convenient time with us.
We hope to welcome you again soon with us.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say about this hotel it's amazing. The staff are so helpful, friendly and professional. Very comfortable beds and rooms. Great location, really lovely area of Amsterdam. 27mins from airport on the train and tram. 10min walk into the museum quarter. Beautifully terrace out the back of the hotel to enjoy a coffee or drink in the eve overlooking the canal. We just loved every minuet of our 3 day stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Hayley,

Many thanks for your fantastic review of Hilton Amsterdam.

I am very happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us. We place high value on quality service and the level of comfort. The location provides you with all the option you might need during you business or city trip.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Wishing you all the best,

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Location is very good and easy to access and it has a spacious parking area. We had a meeting in the restaurant viewing the water .... We had lunch, I took the "sushi". It was a nice composition but it was a small dish for a big price, I left hungry. By leaving the hotel I asked to give me a free "exit" but the answer was no .... That is only possible when you use the other restaurant. I paid € 250,- for a poor lunch + the parking 2x € 15,-! Unfortunately the responsible people at the desk didn't understand "it".

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
AlessioColavecchio, Manager at Hilton Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul A,

Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It is a delight to read that you mention our location to be very good and easy accessible. The private parking is indeed spacious. I would like to inform you that on our car park we offer the same hourly parking fee as in the surrounding area, according to the request of the City Council of Amsterdam. Since most of our guests arrive by plane, we decided, also for the Half Moon Lounge, not to include the parking in our rates, as this would not be fair to guests not using this facility. For visitors the same rules apply as for the local guests.

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our Half Moon Lounge. The Sakura menu you took for lunch was a monthly promotion and we are sorry to read that it did not satisfy your needs. For the inconvenience this has caused you we would like to express our apologies.

We hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Amsterdam? Share your experiences!