We stayed 3 nights in December, and will definetely return!
Booke a standard room, but as a Diamond member after som prodding was upgraded to a beautiful Junior Suite with panoramic Canal view. One downside was that the bath had no separate shower and bath, but the combo shower had excellent pressure!
Decent amenities in the bathroom and daily refill of free water bottles, great.
The first morning we were unfortunately awakened by loud children in the room next door (Our room could be connected to this), upon remarking this to the reception they blocked that room for the rest of the weekend, nice work.
The 2nd day was my wife's birthday (I discreetly reminded them upon checkin) and they surprised her with a large boquet of flowers, bottle of Prosecco, strawberries and a small birthday cake, not bad!
Good breakfast with decent eggs and omelettes made to order, as well as pancakes etc., and of course prosecco. The Executive Lounge breakfast was a bit more meager, but the evening spread was great.
I normally do not eat at hotel restaurants, but was pleasantly surprised by their Italian offerings at dinner; particularly the truffled veal tartare as well as seafood pasta.
Gym: Very nice with Personal Trainers standing by to give individual tips, as well as classes in the morning. Great!
For an ideal visit to Amsterdam one might want a hotel located more downtown, however we found the neighborhood to the north of the hotel to be extremely pleasant with high-quality stores and a nice and quiet atmosphere.
Late checkout provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International