On combination work/play stays in Amsterdam, and after trying other properties, we always seem happier at the Amsterdam Hilton. The quiet neighborhood makes for peaceful walks, learning experiences from the neighborhood art or information displays on the green in front of the hotel, and ease in using public transportation. A simple walk to the tram and less than 3 Euros will get you to Centraal Station, which is the end of the line, after stops near the museums and Dam Square. A day pass allows you to go any where just getting on and off the trams at conveniently located stops. Taxis to and from the airport are reasonable and always seem to be readily available.
The staff is professional and genuinely seem to welcome returning guests with a quality that is believable. Executive Lounge is still what it should be--a quiet respite for the business person where one can start or finish the day in peace. Other properties seem to cater to tourist groups who turn the lounge into a loud, party bar where they make meals out of the appetizer or tea offerings and avail themselves profusely on the "free" alcohol.
The Hilton's Executive Lounge staff are professional concierges and hopefully, tourists who demand "servants" will continue to stay closer to the city center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International