We stayed here for five nights bed and breakfast. We had two interconnecting rooms which were lovely. I do wish I had requested rooms over looking the cannal but unfortunatly I did not think to do this before we arrived. The staff were very frienly and did look to see if there were any rooms available over looking the cannal but the hotel was full. Our rooms were quiet and over looked the front of the hotel. WIFI was not complimentary in the rooms but free in the public areas. There was a lovely terrace where you could sit out and have drinks and bar snacks. The breakfast had a good choice but was always so very busy. The staff were very helpful but ran off their feet. You would often be waiting for more food to arrive i.e milk, sliced bread and muffins. One morning we were shown to an unmade table and waited for some time but no one came. I resorted to getting glasses, cultrery and mugs to set our table up. Perhaps the breakfast room needs more staff to accomadate the demand. The hotel is well situated with easy access to the trams. We bought a three day tram pass.There are plenty of resaurants nearby if you prefer to eat out of the hotel. We used the hotel car park but it was very expensive at 35 euros a day but the car park was secure and parking in Amsterdam is said to be expensive. We found the Hilton an ideal base for exploring the city with two children in a very nice area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International