The Hilton is a modern chain hotel at a nice location next to a canal, with its own boat landing pier. There is a lawn close to the canal, thus the hotel is often used for weddings.
On the tenth (top) floor there is a fancy lounge with views all around. In summer, the doors are open and tables are put outside. The lounge has a decent snack selection (hot and cold) and drinks in the evening and also serves breakfast; however, the food selection at the main breakfast room was far bigger.
Service is generally good, though at some times indifferent to the point of unfriendly. I was asked to leave the breakfast room for wearing flip flops (and jeans), but when I refused they gave in. It was possibly because of a large wedding group whose people were very formally dressed, but I thought it was inappropriate by staff. Once, when we came back at night, the front door was locked and we were interrogated like criminals before being let in, even though we had our room keys.
Hotel guests have access to the excellent gym which is adjacent to the hotel and connected by a internal foot path. There are also bikes for rent.
The only main drawback is the location - it's a little far to walk to the city centre, even though there are tram stops not far from the hotel entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International