I first saw the Hilton on my first visit to Amsterdam in 1971 and have been staying here every visit for the past 8 years. I love the quiet and reserved ambiance of the hotel and the service has always been excellent. We book executive rooms which gives us access to the executive lounge on the 10th floor.
The lounge offers an extensive continental breakfast until 10:30 in the morning and in the evening and nice and fairly extensive selection of hors d'oeuvres as well as wine and hard liquors. I belieive the hours for the hors d'oeuvres is 5 pm to 8 pm and the liquor and soft drinks are available until 9:30 or 10. Very liberal policies. I also want to tip my hat to all the staff in the executive lounge for the excellent service. Yes the lounge is a bit small but we only had to wait one time for a table out of 8 mornings and evenings.
We have been fortunate enough on each stay to have rooms facing the canal which is beautiful scenery. While the hotel is located in a residential area, this adds to the charm and serenity. It is a five minute walk to the #16 tram line and a 10 minute walk to the #5 and #24 tram lines. The trams are a very efficient way to travel in Amsterdam and the hotel sells 1 and 3 day tram passes and can charge them to your room.
Over the years i have stayed in many hotels in Amsterdam and the Hilton remains as my favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International