This hotel is in such pristine condition that it is hard to believe it has been in existence for 40 years or so. Its location is the best in the city, namely int the pleasant residential Old Zuuid quarter, on the very banks of the Amstel Canal, and just a short walk away from the Concert Hall and the great museums (Rijksmuseum, Staedelijk, Van Gogh).
The room we had was large, comfortable, and modern - as was the bathroom. We were just a few doors away from John Lennon & Yoko Ono's room made famous by their press conference while in bed.
There is ample parking available (at a price, as they are obliged to match the horrendous street parking prices the city imposes), and I recommend to leave the car and move around by public transport, as the nearest tram is but two blocks away,
On a lucky day, you may even see some Royal attending a function or having lunch here...
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.