What did we enjoy:
Location: 25 mins from City Center by tram - 5 mins walk to the tram, which runs very frequently. The area is a leafy suburb and very quiet - compared to city center - for us this was good news.
Room: very good - spacious, clean, everything we needed - good view over the canal and city south.
Lounge / Bar: with canal views, brilliant alfresco dining - great food - smaller meals are available, well presented as one would expect from the Hilton.
Facilities: we could find everything we needed - including advice !
Staff: in general were excellent - efficient and friendly .....but.......
Our only disappointment was the service we received from one waitron - I want to make it clear that we are not commenting on the person involved - he served us on two occasions - once on the canal lounge and once at breakfast - we noticed that he struggled with the very basics of service - not understanding what was required. After breakfast I asked the 'supervisor' if he was 'under training' and yes, it was only his 2nd week - I asked if he had completed his basic training with the Hilton and was surprised to hear that, no, he had not been on any training courses - just pushed out onto the floor !
I feel very sorry for this young guy, starting out on his career, to be put into a 4/5 star hotel and told 'see what you can do'. Surely the Hilton should prepare their staff for service before letting them enter service ? - I suggested this to the 'supervisor' who commented ' yes - that would be a very good idea'
I would not expect the Hilton to subject a new employee to the rigors of service without the necessary training - would appreciate a response from Hilton.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.