I liked this property for two reasons - it's located in the most expensive neighborhood and it had great executive lounge. The fact that it's located in rich residential neighborhood made it very appealing to walk outside during the day or during the night. It's very peaceful and felt like home. I really enjoy this type of location, because it's away from all the craziness and chaos of daily life. Also, the food selection at the executive lounge was great and staff was very friendly. We invited our friends there for one night just for drinks and food and Hilton manager was very accommodating, which we liked. Our friends stayed at the other Hilton, because this one was overbooked, and they regretted it after visiting. The things that I didn't like were the rooms and the location in terms of main historical district. The hotel didn't have any transportation and it would take us a long time to get to the center city or it was too expensive, because we had to take cabs everywhere. But I understand that it's a trade in for location at rich residential neighborhood, right on the river. I guess this is why John Lennon and Yoko Ono spent a week there in 1969. Rooms were also standard - nothing special, not even spacious, like in other Hilton hotels. Food was great though. So, if you don't mind a long commute to Amsterdam center city or if you have a rental car, then this property is for you. At least, it is much better than the other Hilton hotel at the airport. If I were to come back to Amsterdam again, then I would probably still stay at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International