We booked this hotel for my now fiancée and her family to stay over the Christmas period from 23rd - 27th December this year. It was also a very special occasion as my partner turned 30 on 24th December.
We booked for the Christmas Day, buffet brunch that was served in the diamond ball room, and reserved this prior to arrival by email.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we checked in and were delighted to be upgraded to use the executive lounge. This was on the 10th floor and the 360 panoramic views were amazing all around the city.
We had two rooms 615 and 614 that were close to each other as requested, 615 had a lovely view over the canal and 614 had a city view that was equally impressive.
The lobby was decorated with a lovely christmas tree and made the hotel feel very festive. The hotel is situated on an exclusive street in Appollolaan that backs onto a lovely canal.
All the hotel staff were very attentive and made us feel at home during our stay. Breakfast was excellent and was served in Robertos restaurant that was lovely. The waiting staff are amazing especially the lovely Latvian girl who's name escapes me but always had a smile on her face and made our breakfasts memorable.
As previously memntioned it was my partners 30th birthday on the 24th and upon our return to the room a lovely birthday cake and chocolates had been left in the room! Such a nice gesture.
The Christmas Day brunch was excellent! From start to finish, being greeted with a glass of prosseco in reception then being shown thought to the Diamond ball room. The food was plentiful and lovely. The accompanying wine worked well also and again was free flowing.
The atmosphere was amazing and I took the opportunity to propose to my now fiancée on the side of the canal, that was perfect! And memorable,
Overall I really do not have anything bad to say about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay somewhere in Amsterdam but not too close to the city, I have already even enquired about booking this hotel for our wedding day. A true Hilton faultless experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International