Myself and my wife stayed for one night in August 2012. We had a night in Amsterdam before moving on to The Hague. We choose this hotel above the Doubletree by the station due to price. Normally this seems an expensive hotel but we got a good price so we gave it a go. I am fortunate to be a Diamond Hilton Honors member it made sense to make use of the fact this hotel has an Executive Lounge too. We were upgraded to an Executive room over looking the canal on a high floor so we had a great view across the city to the old town. The hotel is older than most Hiltons I have stayed in but it's modernised and has a grand open entrance and reception area. It's a very stylish hotel. The Executive Lounge was different than I have been before on top of the hotel in a glass sided room. It was small and I can image at rush hour for breakfast in the morning it may be to crowded, but it was fine for us on this particular occasion. We had breakfast in the main breakfast area and we could not fault the choose and quality. The location of the hotel is a bit out of the main city areas but we used the tram to get to the main station and worked our way back to the hotel via the main tourist areas so don't let this put you off this hotel.
The highlight to me was a concert in the gardens over looking the canal. We had a drink at the outside bar and watched a short Opera on a warm summers night. It was a real memory on a lovely summers evening.
Overall I liked this hotel and would recommend this place to anyone who is considering a stay in Amsterdam. The John Lennon and Yoko references mean this hotel has a history. We are glad we choose the Hilton Amsterdam as it was good value and the Beatles sung about it so can't be bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International