I like this hotel, I have stayed here a few times. I have read the other reviews and see where folk are coming from. The attitude in customer service varies greately between europe and North america, and I think thats the reason for the unimpressed customers here.
I also have had a hilton gold card for a few years, but you do get more bang or your buck in US than western Europe. (in Budapest they came and woke me up to give me some chocolates and biscuits that I thought was weird)
Yes, the lounge is small, but its on a panoramic roof which is cool. If you dont like it you can go downstairs and have breakfast with everyone else. Also, they dont like to upgrade you in Europe either, Ive had to ask every time and youre always made to feel that they are doing you a huge favour, and its coming out of their pocket.
But having said, I like the Hilton brand. Its clean, its consistant, I have a gold card that sometimes gets me an upgrade, I know what I am getting, so all is good.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Tingo, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.