We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. It is located in a lovely area that is primarily residential. There are shops and restaurants located a few blocks away and 2 different lines of public transportation to the city center are accessible via a short walk (3 blocks for one line; 5 blocks for the other line). The ride to Central Station is 25 minutes via the shortest line. A couple times we walked from the Van Gogh Museum to our hotel in about 15 minutes.
The exterior of this hotel is not at all appealing but the inside is beautiful. Besides our room with a balcony (which was otherwise quite ordinary), my favorite spot (and where we spent most of our time when at the hotel) was the wonderful, relaxing garden terrace that has theater-style seating facing the canal. They serve food and drinks there in good weather. We dined at Roberto's for breakfast (included in our room rate), where they offered an enormous buffet with choices for every palate. The very friendly chef made the rounds greeting guests and offering mimosas (nice touch). All of the staff at the front desk and restaurants were fantastic. The two gentlemen we encountered at the concierge desk were not very friendly nor helpful to us but we researched and found answers to our questions eventually.
The only real downside of our entire stay was the Internet service. When we checked in, we received 2 codes for Internet access. We did not realize those codes were device specific and used them to connect our iPads to the Internet (the cost to pay for connecting our iPads would have been 10 Euro per day). One day during our stay, my husband had a video conference call via Skype, so we connected our computer to the Internet but could only do so by paying 28 Euro for 24 hours of Internet access. Outrageous! Why would I only have to pay 10 Euro for an iPad but 28 Euro for my computer? The worst part about paying this ridiculous fee is that we kept getting kicked off the Internet during the conference call and we could not access the Internet that night. We were was furious. I called the general manager the next day, who met with us and told us that they have had other complaints about the Internet company, and that the Hilton will be offering an alternative service when the contract expires at the end of the year. When we checked out, I noticed that we were charged for 2 days of the expensive Internet service, yet we didn't (and wouldn't) use the unreliable, exhorbitant service a second day. The front desk manager kindly removed the charge for us.
All in all, this was a fabulous stay. We had such a great time that we plan to return to Amsterdam and this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International