Stayed at this historic hotel for the weekend in Amsterdam. It was our first trip there. Upon check in, we were greeted with a doorman and offered help with our luggage. The front desk staff then checked us in swiftly and patiently answered all the questions I fired at them. The concierge was away from his desk, but the front desk staff gave us a detailed map and started making recommendations so that we could start enjoying our trip right away. We were recommended restaurants and scenic walks. We took all the advice (and the map!) and got right to work. Every recommendation panned out to be amazing and fully helped us enjoy the city. The hotel has every service you could ask for including a fitness center, but we really did not take advantage of any of these services except the concierge. The room was AMAZINGLY comfortable which was good because we were so exhausted every day from walking all over the city! We had a wonderful canal view and an enormous king size bed with a large bathroom (especially by European standards) that sported a rain shower head. There were plenty of English options on the TV also which is much appreciated. The front desk staff called us 10 minutes after we checked in to make sure the room was perfect and to see if we needed anyting else. The only negative we experienced at the hotel itself is that the internet is way too expensive. Also, we went Saturday to the outside bar overlooking the canal and sat for about 10 minutes and no one came to serve us. There were 3 people working. We were too tired to bring it to their attention so we just headed up to bed Would have been nice to have a night cap tho. The other negative is that the hotel shuttle is expensive for only being 7 miles from the airport. A taxi is a better option. Overall, we were very comfortable and happy at this hotel and with their services. The bell hop also held our bags free of charge while we ran around Amsterdam the last day. It was a great experience in a fun town! If you can afford this place (it is pricey!) stay here because its very centrally located with the musuems and park only a five minute walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International