Great location in the Oud-Zuid district of the city; only 20 minites by tram (5, 16 or 24) from Centraal Station. Have stayed on several occasions. Rooms at the front overlook the carpark and a leafy street. Those at the rear overlook the gardens of the hotel and a (generally) peaceful terrace. When we were there there was a party in the garden but it finished at 1am and the double glazing was good. Hotel apologised for the noise and a gift basket appeared in our room with a personal message from the manager.
Excellent Hilton-type breakfast - both Continental (Dutch selection) and full Scottish type.
Couldn't fault any of the staff who were all very helpful. On our final evening we discovered that the Dutch football team were staying in the hotel so it is clearly the place to be!
Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International