Such a very nice hotel. With choice of two very nearby trams you can be in heart of Amsterdam within 15 easy minutes, older building but is very tastefully appointed to feel fresh but light. Situation on canal with a green terrace along the private small marina is wonderful.
Did not try the restaurants but as HHonors Diamond was upgraded to highest floor and access to Executive Lounge which is the nicest I've experienced yet. Wonderful foods throughout the day but especially a gracious and graceful breakfast and an enjoyable evening reception. Nice views of the city from the Exec Lounge, too.
The concierge staff was extremely helpful and genuinely friendly, treating my unremarkable presence with as much attention as they did to the businessmen and dignitaries.
The check-in was very efficient and friendly and, as our room was not quite ready, we were sent to the Executive Lounge for coffee and fresh snacks for the hour wait. This was fine since it was raining and we'd just come from the Thalys train and needed a bit of a decompression time.
Did not use the fitness facility, which is an additional charge if you are not a Gold or Diamond with HHonors, but looked around and it seemed quite comprehensive and up-to-date.
The wireless internet was quick enough and reliable enough for my and my sister's needs. This, too, was free as a Diamond but would have been the usual European charge of around 20+ Euro per day.
I would be reluctant to pay for a stay here but as a points redemption for a vacation I think this is the obvious choice in The Netherlands. You will not be disappointed for the bang for your points, especially if you are Diamond with Hilton HHonors.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Amsterdam hotel. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 bed-in, the Hilton Amsterdam hotel is a short walk from the Van Gogh Museum and Amsterdam attractions. This canal-side hotel has an award-winning Italian restaurant and is 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. Do business in the Executive Lounge or unwind in the health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.