As usual this hotel was excellent. Have stayed here several time throughout the years while travelling with my husband. The rooms have been updated, again! And this time they actually added more lighting over the mirror in the bathroom, which is typically a pet peeve of mine with the Hilton chain. You've got to love a hotel that keeps its personnel. Upon arriving and stepping out of the taxi, we were greeted by a doorman who recognized my husband and welcomed us back to Amsterdam. Upon checking in we found we had been given a canal view room on the 8th floor and had access to the Executive Floor (my husband is a Hilton Honors member). The Executive lounges are different in Europe than they are in the U.S. The wine and drinks are unlimited and free and a very nice array of appetizers is provided. The gem of the Executive Lounge here has to be Stephania. Not only is she professional, but very personable and welcoming. I can't rave enough about her. We also had the priviledge of chatting with the head chef, who hails from LA, but has been a long time resident in Amsterdam, and an even longer time employee for the Hilton. Although the hotel's location is a few miles from the city center of Amsterdam, it is only a block away from the train tracks. Several train pass options are available (one way, all-day, etc.) and can be purchased from the train operator. It's a quick trip into the city center and you'll pass The Van Gogh Museum, The Rijksmuseum, and a great street market. The negative about this more isolated location is the lack of nearby restaurants. This does not bother us because the train is so convenient and inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hilton Amsterdam hotel, famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 'bed-in for peace.' An ideal base for exploring the city, this Amsterdam, Netherlands hotel boasts easy access to some of the most exclusive shopping streets, traditional cafes and famous local attractions. Take advantage of the hotel's proximity to Amsterdam's main business district. Host your conference or executive meeting in one of 21 versatile meeting rooms and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Stay productive with modern equipment in the business center and enjoy WiFi throughout the hotel. Unwind in a spacious and contemporary guest room or upgrade to an Executive room and enjoy exclusive access to the stylish Executive Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments and a 360-degree view across Amsterdam's spectacular skyline. Relax with a massage in this Amsterdam hotel's health club featuring a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and solarium. Re-energize in the fitness center with the latest modern equipment. Admire stunning views of Amsterdam's renowned canals and unwind with a local beer in Half Moon Lounge, with style based on designs by Ralph Lauren. Enjoy elegance and experience while dining on innovative Italian cuisine in the award-winning Roberto's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton International