“So delicious I went back for seconds!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 2,507 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: It's all about taste!! Thats our motto... The Best Burgers, sandwiches, salads, freshly made juices...And damn good coffee! Served with a smile and a whole lot of love! We are located near the Rijksmuseum in the vibrant Spiegel quarter. We are near the corner of Kerkstraat and N. Spiegelstraat, careful you might miss it!! It's cozy at Lombardo's...So seating is always first come first served. Come in for the 4 years uncontested BEST burgers in Amsterdam!!
Poole, United Kingdom
“So delicious I went back for seconds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on TripAdvisor reviews on a short trip to Amsterdam when my pregnancy cravings demanded my hunger be alleviated immediately!

My husband had the pulled pork burger which they suggested he had cooked medium rare, and I had a club sandwich with lovely fresh chicken, avocado and tomato in tiger bread finished off with truffle mayonnaise.

The portion was huge making it great value for money, and it really was so tasty. We managed to get seats inside which was lucky as there are only about 5 along a bar!

There was an American family who had been back three times in the same trip to Amsterdam which initially I thought was a bit overkill, however we found ourselves going again the very next day! This time my husband had the ribeye steak sandwich and I had a Dutch beef burger with cheese, sautéed onions and pickles which I had cooked well done. They originally said 'are you sure'? as they recommend medium rare for juiciness, but when I explained I needed it to be thoroughly cooked and piping hot due to being pregnant they were very accommodating and made sure it really was completely done all the way through, which was brilliant. This time we took our takeaway down to the Museumplein by the big iAmsterdam sign which is a really nice spot not too far away if you don't get a seat inside.

We can thoroughly recommend the four things we tried from the menu as well as their freshly squeezed orange juice, and would probably make another stop here on future visits to Amsterdam.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shantou, China
“A restaurant that delivers value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant featuring great food. I had the meatloaf sandwich on freshly made bread and a cup of tea. I walked away spending about 7 euros. This was exceptional value. I would have easily paid twice as much and not thought anything about it. It is near the Rijksmuseum, so you can slip out enjoy a reasonable lunch and go back to looking at Rembrandt's greatest work. My only quibble is with all Dutch restaurants and coffee shops. Hot tea is served hot, and therefore should be served in a mug, not a glass.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

So far, the best burger I ever had.
Tender, perfectly cooked meat. Perfectly seasoned, for my taste.
Crispy bread, good choice of extra ingredients.
Yes, its a tiny place - but you are going to enjoy one of the best burgers ever.
So relax and enjoy.

“Best burgers ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch and got seets straight away. Friendly and genuine service. And the burgers; one of the best we have ever had! Amazing! Thanks!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nicosia-Cyprus
“GREAT BURGERS IN A TINY PLACE.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

It is a very tiny place with just 5 seats,however you must visit in order to taste one of the best burgers not only in Amsterdam, but perhaps in the whole country.Depending on your own choise, follow then the chefs reccomendations and you will be more than happy at the end of your meal.

• Visited June 2014