I spent a long weekend at B&B Alexander, while exploring Amsterdam, and I'm very happy with my choice for several reasons.
1. The B&B is in a great location. Close to museums and the beautiful Vondelpark, surrounded by awesome artchitecture. And also directly served by a bus from the airport (around 25-30 minutes).
2. It's a private house, nicely decorated and well kept, and Janneke (the owner and hostess) is a very charming and lovely lady.
3. If you manage to overlook the steep stairs (normal everywhere in Amsterdam), the rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, unlike many other B&Bs I've been in.
4. Breakfast is served in the dining room at one big round table, on gorgeous china. Sitting at one table with other potential guests gives you the opportunity to share your experiences and simply have an enjoyable meal.
I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B Alexander is located in a beautiful street in the Amsterdam museum district, next to the Concertgebouw, Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh and the Stedelijk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places so you can book your B & B Alexander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.