“OK apartment, poor service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flower Market Apartment

You added Flower Market Apartment to your Saves list
Flower Market Apartment
3.5 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   Kerkstraat 248, Amsterdam-Centrum, 1017 HA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #284 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brussels, Belgium
“OK apartment, poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hi, never got the answer about some requested invoice.
Phoned them several times, e-mailed them too but never got any invoice after it was said by them they will send it... Kind of annoying when you are said something and it never happens.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon arrival we were impressed with the apartments which were well maintained and ideally situated. However, on the second night of our stay our happiness turned to disgust when the owner, Jordan, threatened to evict us for being noisy. He informed us that he would be keeping our deposit and that we must immediately supply him with another one or face eviction. It should be noted that a) We were talking at a barely audible level, and b) There was no warning, just 'pay up or leave immediately'. The owner was pushy and aggressive despite our attempts to pacify the situation and come to a solution. My understanding of a deposit is that it is a fee withheld to cover damages. In this instance we had not damaged the property in any way. When this was pointed out to Jordan he told us he was keeping the money, not for damages, but to pay the neighbours because they were upset by our noise - something which seems completely implausible. On the morning of our departure Jordan turned up to personally see us off. Once again his attitude left much to be desired. He told us we had left the apartment in a bad state, which was again untrue. When I asked him what he meant he answered that we had not done the washing up. In actual fact we had not used the kitchen at all and had eaten out each evening.

Scanning through the other reviews on this site shows that this is not an isolated incident. This appears to be a scam to take trusting travellers money away from them. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Story of Event

We arrive and walk to the address given on the Lateroom listing - but no-one there
We check email, and see that it is actually another address we are meant to be at - so we walk there
We are met by Yana - an employee of the owner Jordan, who takes us up the narrowest of stairs to a top door in the building. The staircase is dirty, has damaged walls, and broken windows.
When we are let into the apartment, it is much smaller than i thought - but Yana assured me that 'upstairs' there were 4 bedrooms (and even joked there was more room than we needed).
She then demanded that we pay upfront in cash - or by card with 2.4% charge. We had been travelling for 6 hours, and want to relax, so we paid by credit card and she left.
We then went upstairs to see the bedrooms - only to find a single very small attic space with 4 single beds squashed in tight along the two walls. No room to move, and certainly no ability to make them into a double bed (which we expected from the photos). We did pay for a deluxe room! What joke.
We immediately (within 5 minutes of Yana leaving) - called her on the mobile to tell her that this was not as the Laterooms listing - and we were not going to stay. We asked why we were not staying in the apartment listed on the Laterooms website - and she laughed and said it was more expensive than we paid!! What!
We said again we were not happy staying there, and asked for a full refund (as it was clear that there were no other rooms to move us to). I also need to make it clear that at no point did Yana nor Jordan offer to find another apartment. They just said we accepted it, and because we paid - that was that!
When i asked Yana again for a refund, she claimed she didnt know how to do it using the credit card machine - and to speak to Jordan. I said fine, what is his number - and can he please come and see us. She replied he is in America and not back until later in the week!
I then received a text off Jordan asking what was the problem. I explained via text. He again refused to accept he has mis-sold the room - and refused refund. Blamed us!
My wife and i then booked into another hotel and left the keys in his apartment and emailed him to confirm.
I contacted Laterooms - but even they don't care. BEWARE

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a total Scam run by a man on a mobile getting Lithuania girls to conduct his dirty work.

If your looking at pictures on this site, then don't, think box with sink and 2 bunk beds ("Luxury 1 bed apartment")

Firstly I was lucky enough not to put a deposit down and was going to pay cash on arrival. I received a confirmation email from "Lithuania Girl A" a few days before arriving showing me the location of 1 of the apartments (we booked 2) I was under the impression that both apartments were in the same area.. wrong... in the email it said, "Call me 15 mins before you arrive at the apartment" so I called 100 times. no answer.. eventually Lithuania girl calls me, " There's been an issue with one of the apartments, some sort of flooding, and its unavailable" already something's not right. so I said what about the other "luxury 1 bed apartment" she said that's still available and showed me the apartment - Its a bed sit with 2 bunks. nothing like what you're looking at. She wanted 600 euros. then changed to 500 euros when I was arguing. I left shortly after that and had to find another place for 11 people. I was called later by this "Jordan" fella who was trying to convince me to hook up and find another apartment..I cut my losses.

Seriously avoid

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Essex, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends recently. While the apartments are nice and well-located the owner is a total crook. He took our deposit and demanded that we pay an extra €100 for allegedly making noise. This extra was apparently so that he could keep the neighbours sweet by 'buying them presents.'

If you're on a budget or just don't want to be robbed then stay somewhere else - you'll know what you're paying and won't be on the end of any foul-mouthed abuse when you leave.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dorking, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely apartment but be warned that making ANY noise between 11pm and 9am will result in you losing your deposit without as much as a warning and you'll then be forced to pay another on top or suffer be expelled from the apartment. I believe he even threatened us with deportation (deported for chatting in an apartment?) at one point.A theme appears to be developing if you read other reviews. STAY AWAY the man is a crook.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The apartment was nice but the owner Jordan is a thief. he kept our 300euro deposit & then asked for a further 300euro or we would be kicked out. apparently your not allowed to talk in the apartments as it keeps the neighbours up. we were talking at normal volume not shouting or having a party. DO NOT BOOK

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Flower Market Apartment? Share your experiences!