“Warm and inviting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vlaming eten & drinken

Vlaming eten & drinken
Lindengracht 95 | Jordaan, 1015 KD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31 20 622 2716
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 2,768 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, European, French, International, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: A family owned (father Frans & son Bob) bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. Like in "brasserie Vlaming" we serve here also the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Warm and inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a table on a very cool rainy night without a reservation. It is small downstairs but has more tables upstairs. The food was delicious and nicely presented. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed although it did get warmer upstairs as the evening progressed. Our meals were satisfying and delicious. Will go back.

• Visited October 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Could not fault any aspect ..... Fantastic food, wine, beer, service and ambience! Would recommend the starter that involves having a bit of everything on a cake stand - fantastic!

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Best meal we had in Europe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

As the title says, best meal me and my partner had in Europe (7 countries). Went there without booking on a Monday night and was informed several dishes was sold out. Was dissappointed that my favourite meat, pork was sold out but decided to still try the restaurant from the good reviews it has received in TA. I had the Angus Steak and it was the best steak I've had in my life. Ordered medium and it was cooked to perfection. The meat literally melts in your mouth and the accompanying blue cheese sauce compliments it perfectly. The only reason I rated the restaurant very good instead of excellent even though it was our best meal in Europe was because of what my partner ordered. She ordered the "Fish of the Day" which had no fish haha. It was 2 prawns tossed in a salad. Once again, the prawns were cooked to perfection however I do not see the value of this meal at 21 Euros. We were also recommended the famous toffee cake and it definitely did not disappoint. The service was also attentive and friendly. If the "Fish of the Day" was a well cooked cod / salmon it would had been a perfect dinner :)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tek_m_l
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a lovely little place. The food was superb, the staff helpful and friendly and what a great ambiance. Will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013
Lockerbie
“Great experience for our anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Reserved a table based on the many glowing reports on Trip Advisor - and we were certainly not disappointed. Booking was simple and efficient and I received a nice email within an hour to confirm my table.

Not unexpectedly, it was not packed for a Tuesday night, but the turnover was regular - a positive sign on its own. We were warmly greeted on arrival and offered our table of choice and then talked through the menu and the 'specials' on the mirror.

Wonderful light bread paved the way for Pumpkin soup for myself and a very generous portion of gravlax for Mrs Tubby. Both were delicious but hardly prepared for the joys to follow - angus steak with blue cheese sauce, a wonderfully tasty and sumptuous burger, accompanied by the ubiquitous fries and some delightful beetroot from the 'specials'. Mrs T who is partial to her steak, rare in style, declared it to be 'the best steak I have ever had'. When you consider that I have been a vegetarian for 7 months - to break that I had to be tempted by something special - and the fantastic moist, tasty burger topped with a fried egg, tomatoes and pickle, was just that sort of temptation.

A glass of wine and a Chouffe beer rounded the meal off perfectly leaving no space for dessert. All was delivered to our table by a very friendly and attentive host, supported by his amiable chef.

In summary, a delightful evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary - and, at 64Euros, not as expensive as some reports would have you believe.

1 Thank bellytubby