“Worth the stop” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 2,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: A family owned (father Frans & son Bob) bistro where we serve nice dishes with a good quality - price relation in a friendly atmosphere. Like in "brasserie Vlaming" we serve here also the "worldfamous" (anyway in Amsterdam) Sticky Toffee Pie.
Seattle, Washington
“Worth the stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

After reading these glowing reviews, I had to try and see this for myself. It's in a quiet neighborhood away from the tourist hustle and bustle.
Made an online reservation, and arrived on time. I was sat at the very small restaurant (10 tables +/-). Shortly greeted by the owner chef, where he explained the brief menu in detail.
Honestly, i assume any restaurant in any great city that makes top 5 must be exquisite. While this intimate restaurant exceeded all my desires, I'm quizzical as to why it's #2. I can't find fault with anything, don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the personal attention. Somehow it did not wow me to have rated it as #2 in a world class city, that's all.
I do encourage a visit, and you will not be disappointed. The portions are generous, the quality is great,and the service from the owner/chef is very very good. It's intimate and cute.
A great find TA readers!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I do not want to give anyone high expectations but the food, I had the best hamburger I have ever had and service was amazing. Cannot say anything bad about this little jewel in Amsterdam. This is the first review I ever write but this place deserved it.

“BEST HAMBURGER EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Onde of the best beef I had around the world.
When I arrived I was kind of thinking to try anything else except a "sandwich" but during the 10 minutes I took to read the menu I watched more than 10 Royal Beefburger leaving the kitchen and I thought: "Jesus! this got be really good" and ordered and guess? it was really good and unforgetable.
It was my second visit to Amsterdam and the best meal I had there.
Bookings are highly recommended, so, when arrive in your hotel, ask the staff to make a reservation for you.

• Visited May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“If you want to eat in the nicest place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from England we booked ahead via email not knowing what we were going to experience but our fellow 'trippies' rated the place so we thought we would try.

We were not disappointed.

On arrival the reserved pavement table had our name on..thanks Frans.

Claire, our host was amazing, food and wine advice knowlegable with personable manner and good sense of humour. Other staff also really nice as were fellow customers.

This family run restaurant had a good selection of food and wine. We had the burger, the risotto and the pork. All excellent.

Puddings are to die for... Sticky toffee with the best ever sauce ( and I have tried lots before ) and the ice cream amazing.

If you only eat in one place in Amsterdam... MAKE IT HERE !

“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Needs 4.5 rather than 4 out of 5 overall, such are the limitations of a TA review. The food was great, the decor nice and service was attentive, thought slightly slow. The Bites for Two appetizer, a great sampling of all they have. Each delectable. Vitelli tonnato app perfect and a flavorful smoked salmon also as appetizers. The mains were all topnotch. Vegetarian risotto, tuna seared with sesame, a super sized burger with well seasoned meat, bacon, egg was huge, though quite good. So big it was difficult to eat. Sides of cream pasta, two orders of perfect frites, a bottle of rose and carafe of wine was also ordered. We finished with sticky toffee cake, pralenes so so, and extra creamy yoghurt ice cream. What totally blew me away was an amazing homemade limoncello, not to be missed. Better than anything I've had in Italy. Well worth the cost of 210 euros including a tip. Great place.