Excellent Stay – Highly Recommended!!
We were a group of four stayed in the new love house boat and enjoyed every bit of it. On arrival Nina [Owner] took time out to explain how the boat works, what to expect, do’s and don’ts. This was very helpful and also marked us out on a map and recommended a few places to eat. The owners live close by in a house boat of their own which is worth a visit [of course with their permission]. The new love boat is one half of a big boat where the living quarters are on the first level and the lower level are the beds, toilet and washroom. We had a family of ducks & swans visit us every morning to join us for breakfast along with a whole lot of sea gulls which added to the feeding experience. If you want the experience of staying the way the Dutch do; then please do the house boat. The New Love Boat is one of the 4 houseboats so you do have a choice of which best suits you. We were so impressed with the houseboat that we spent most of our time in the houseboat.
- Location is perfect; very close to most attractions in Amsterdam.
- Walkable distance to the central station.
- Ample for a family or a group of 4.
- Adequate sit out areas.
- Well equipped kitchen.
- On site car parking.
- Very helpful and professional owners.
- Good heating system.
- Centrum, RLD, all within walking distance.
- No noise pollution.
- Good experience!!
Note: Please note that the upper and lower levels are accessible via a steep staircase which was ok with us but not for people with mobility issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amsterdam Love HouseBoat is a most beautiful and romantic large sea ship on top location in the heart of Amsterdam: Central Station, NieuwMarkt, Oosterdok, Red Light District, Dam Square, China Town, Waterloo Flea market, Nemo, the New Library... Are just a few minutes from your front door. Private parking,(upon request) large sun decks, free fast internet, bedlinen towels & kitchen utensils, fully furnished, smoking friendly and all the VIP services you wish for. ... more less