“Lovely chocolates!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Hoek van Holland, The Netherlands
“Lovely chocolates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had dragged my husband and some friends to this street in Amsterdam to view a gallery and popped into the chocolateria. Picked out a few interesting products and completely 'charmed' by Marja. Hoping to be able to order products online. Absolutely loved the Venchi's stuff!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Mateo, California
“Large selection of chocolates and very helpful staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff took pains and made some phone calls to help me find some gluten free chocolate bars I could try. All of them were delicious (I'm an extra, extra dark chocolate fan). My friends had their house chocolates which were not gluten free and told me they were quite good but not the best they had ever tasted.

Franklin, TN
“Friendly, yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We visited VanderDonk chocolates on 4 April. It was quite close to our hotel, and easy to find. It's a warm, cozy shop, and lady there was very accommodating. They have a number of different chocolates and bars sourced from many places, but we were particularly interested in the chocolates by the piece, which are behind the counter. Three box sizes are available, with an approximate number of pieces per box, but charged by weight. Our medium-sized box was ~e22. The were many varieties available, including: Irish Cream, Tia Maria, Raspberry, Cinnamon, Caramel, Crunchy Orange, Dark (66% and 80% pure), Creme Brulee, plus many more. Our sales lady was quite pleasant, and patient with my family as they painstakingly selected their chocolates. This was a fun stop, and definitely a highlight of our visit to Amsterdam.

• Visited April 2012
California
“Interesting chocolates, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stumbled across this shop while wandering around Amsterdam. In addition to a good selection of house-made chocolates (I remember flavors including Earl Grey, hazelnut, dark chocolate, etc.) they have an interesting variety of artisanal chocolate bars, etc.

• Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Unique and delicious !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stumbled accross this place last christmas in Amsterdam, we are about to go back again and I have been searching for the shop online as I couldn't remeber the name! When we went in the guys behind the counter were really lovely and enthusiastic about all the different flavours and the chocolates here were amzing - really interesting flavours. I have tried a lot of chocolates (!) and these were some of the best. We bought many boxes back as gifts for friends and family and they were all blown away with the flavours. We are visting again this weekend so will pop in to stock up !

• Visited December 2010