“Interesting chocolates, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of VanderDonk Chocolate

VanderDonk Chocolate
Nieuwe Spiegelstraat 72, 1017 DH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
+31 20-620 27 77
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 43 Dessert in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
California
“Interesting chocolates, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stumbled across this shop while wandering around Amsterdam. In addition to a good selection of house-made chocolates (I remember flavors including Earl Grey, hazelnut, dark chocolate, etc.) they have an interesting variety of artisanal chocolate bars, etc.

• Visited January 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Unique and delicious !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stumbled accross this place last christmas in Amsterdam, we are about to go back again and I have been searching for the shop online as I couldn't remeber the name! When we went in the guys behind the counter were really lovely and enthusiastic about all the different flavours and the chocolates here were amzing - really interesting flavours. I have tried a lot of chocolates (!) and these were some of the best. We bought many boxes back as gifts for friends and family and they were all blown away with the flavours. We are visting again this weekend so will pop in to stock up !

• Visited December 2010
AZ
“Luscious chocolate in the museum district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I consider myself a chocolate tourist and try to eat local specialty chocolate wherever I travel. We stumbled upon VanderDonk Chocolate while walking to the Museumplein and stopped in to shop on our way home. There is a delectable variety of imported chocolates, including some very unusual varieties, as well as their own impeccable selection of tiny, exquisite treats. They are very knowledgeable and steered us to some specialty chocolates based upon our taste and experience. Like a fine wine shop, only sweeter!

• Visited July 2011