“Best hotel staff ever ... and I should know!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South

You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   George Gershwinlaan 101, 1082 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sugar Land, Texas
“Best hotel staff ever ... and I should know!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have been traveling 200 plus days for the last 20+ years and I have been in some spectacular hotel properties. That said, I recently spent 2 weeks at this property and it was a slice of heaven. While the accommodations were top notch it was the staff that blew me away!

From the front desk to the restaurant and bar and especially Jonas, our meeting room manager, this is the finest collection of professionals I have ever encountered. Regardless of what was asked their response was always yes and the action was immediate.

They also have mastered the art of being attentive but not over bearing, friendly without sacrificing professionalism and proactive without over reaching!

Not sure if/when my travels and work will take me back to Amsterdam but I wouldn't consider any other hotel for my stay!

Great job guys ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with one of their walk in showers ...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South through your most kind review.

It was extremely rewarding to read your words about the attentive welcome that you experienced. As it is our aim and passion to help our guests to make their journey a success by combining great service with the best facilities it is fantastic to receive your confirmation that we are succeeding in that.

Guest compliments are a great motivation for the entire team and therefore your review has been shared with everyone. And especially Jonas.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to be your hotel of choice again during your next visit to Amsterdam.

Kind regards,
Nicole Turnhout - Ammerlaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

At the heart of the Amsterdam business district (Zuidas) I've stayed with my family in Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South. Don't think it's just a business hotel. At arrival my son of 3 years old received a bear and personel was very friendly. And with a 5 minute taxi drive you'll get to the Amsterdam museum district. Or take the public transportation, it's around the corner (just like the international airport).

The rooms are excellent; nice and big bathroom, good refreshments, modern but warm interior design. Also breakfast was a delight, enough choice and good service.

I would recommand this hotel to business travellors as well as to (family) tourists.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for writing a Tripadvisor review and for sharing your findings following your recent stay with us.

It is great to learn that you enjoyed the various facilities and the design of the hotel.
Did you notice the musical theme that is represented throughout the building? The New York origin of George Gershwin has led to the names of our meeting rooms and the famous Manhattan 101 cocktail inspired us to name our restaurant one o one and Manhattan Lounge- Bar.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to express our gratitude regarding your compliment on their behalf. It is our passion to deliver the best possible service and compliments of guests are our motivation to continue to improve continuously. Your review is definitely an inspiration and very rewarding.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very nice staff with good services!!
Always smiling and happy to help you.
Gorgeous hotel interior clean and modern, Beds and pillows so comfy!
and a very excellent breakfast:-D
Thank you Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to learn that our rooms and staff made a very good impression on you. Our quiet location is unique as Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, the RAI Convention Center and the city centre are only a few minutes away by public transport. Our carefully designed and equipped rooms combine the aspects that are needed to relax and re-energise. Sound proof doors, luxurious bedding and aromatherapy are just a few of the features of our Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage programme, which has been designed to make you drift off easier and allow you to have sweet dreams.

Your compliments about the staff have been shared with the entire team. I would like to thank you very much again for you very kind review.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South for 3 night birthday and sightseeing trip. The location was perfect for us, 5 minutes from the airport on the train costing 3€. The hotel itself was lovely – we were upgraded on arrival and the room was big and spotlessly clean with complimentary water, good quality toiletries and a fresh coffee machine.

From checking in to checking out all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Pim on reception showed us all the best places to visit and even offered to book trips for us. Also on my birthday the staff left me a card with a lovely note and some chocolate which was really kind and thoughtful. Breakfast was really good value, it had something for everyone and was a good start to the day.

We opted to buy a 48hr tram travel card which was really good value and the tram (no 5) is only a five minute walk from the hotel and stops at most of the tourist attractions. Well worth the cost. We also bought a hop on hop off site seeing bus ticket which to be honest was not worth the money as I said above the tram pass does more a less the same route and was quicker. We did buy a canal cruise trip which was 9€ for 1hr and that was relaxing and took you round the city canals.

I would choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza again should we have a return trip and would highly recommend this hotel to others!

Thank you Crowne Plaza for making my weekend such a fabulous occasion!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for sharing your findings with the travel community through Tripadvisor! It was a pleasure to learn that our location in Amsterdam – Zuidas was convenient for you. Our quiet location is unique as Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, the RAI Convention Center and the city centre are only a few minutes away by public transport.
Your compliments on behalf of the food quality and service will be passed on to the team. Kind words as such are a great motivation for them to continuously strive to deliver excellent hospitality. Your kind words have been passed on to Pim.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Gent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel is a new modern hotel, a little walk to a train and metro station. Travel time to centre of Amsterdam is fast and easy. (15 mins.) The rooms are nice and service is good! Breakfast was of a good quality. Tip: if you during a weekend you can park your car for free on the streets around the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South.

We appreciate it that you took the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It was very motivating to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to learn that the location of the hotel worked well as the proximity of station Amsterdam- Zuid ensures you a short train-, tram- or metro connection to both the city centre as well as Schiphol Airport.

Thank you for complementing our breakfast buffet. Positive guest feedback is a great motivation for all of us to continue to strive to deliver excellent service.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Excellent hotel stay - I was here on business in early March 2014.

The hotel's location is excellent, although not downtown by any means. However with public transit it's not far to go.There are also sufficient shops in the area, and i.e. groceries (Albert Heijn) isn't terribly far away either.

The biggest downside by far, however, is the parking arrangement. Apparently the hotel doesn't have an agreement in place with QParks who owns the parking garage. Fees are EUR 48.00 per night - more than I paid in New York...

You can (as I did) park along the street for free, but have to start paying EUR 4.00 per hour after 9am.

Also finding the hotel strictly by GPS isn't the easiest either (although looking up when driving nearby certainly helps). The street is a side street, and I didn't want to believe my navigational aide when it said to turn right into what looked like an empty industrial lot (this is the first side road which also leads to the hotel, but the second one is the one to take).

Getting over the parking - the hotel itself is very nice, the staff was very friendly. The bed was comfortable, the bath clean and mold free. The shower also had a moveable shower head, so I was already happy there.

The noise level was low to non-existent. The price was a bit steep, but not unexpected for a Crowne Plaza.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this hotel or come back myself is the parking. There are so many alternatives in Amsterdam that I would rather spend a bit more on the room and not have to deal with a massive parking bill...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay with us.

We highly appreciate the feedback concerning our staff in the hotel. Compliments like these are a great motivation for all of us to continue to strive to deliver excellent service. On top of that it is great to know that you experienced the sincere passion of our staff members to assist our guests into making their journey into a success.

In case your travels bring you back to Amsterdam please know that close to the hotel can be parked for €8.40 per day on the parking lot close to the hotel. Weekends are free. Our reception staff will be more than happy to give you directions.
I hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I stayed there for 3 weeks for work and felt like they went above and beyond. I had to go to another city over night for 2 days and since they weren't fully booked they let me keep my things in the room at no charge. Their breakfast buffet was good and the restaurant/bar had good food. The location is very close to the train/tram and it was easy to get downtown. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your extremely complimentary words following your stay in Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Nicole Turnhout – Ammerlaan

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South? Share your experiences!