“New and comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   George Gershwinlaan 101, 1082 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“New and comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

With a limited choice on the Zuidas of Amsterdam between the "sleeping factories" of Holiday Inn and Novotel, the Crowne Plaza, next to Amsterdam Zuid station is a welcome addition. A good and comfortable business hotel with clean well designed rooms. The only thing that is disappointing is the breakfast offering.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and for letting us know how you experienced staying at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South.

I am very happy to read that you consider us a welcome alternative to the other hotels in the vicinity.

Regretfully we took notice of your comment about the breakfast. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this has caused. Should you be willing to share any recommendations regarding the breakfast with us, please send them to info.amspc@ihg.com for the attention of the F&B Manager. We are more than happy to consider your suggestions and would appreciate to receive them.

We very much hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future and thank you again for your review and feedback.

Ingrid van Veen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Crowne Plaza South is a fantastic hotel - we stopped here for 2 nights with 3 children. On arrival the service was exceptional. Charlotte and Henrick the reception staff are brilliant. They advise perfectly about sight seeing/ trams etc. The rooms were exactly as requested when booking - interconnecting with an extra bed. The beds are fantastically comfortable. The hotel is very well located, nearby to several trams stops and only 15 mins to to centre of Amsterdam. The parking can be expensive at the hotel but one of the top tips is that parking on the road is free at weekends. On leaving, Henrick even looked into our travel route to advise of any issues. Fantastic hotel and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. It is great to hear that your family and you had such a great stay with us. And thank you for giving us your recommendations.

It always pleases me to read that some of the staff have made such an impression that they are remembered by name. I have made sure your kind words were immediately shared with them and the rest of the staff.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future and thank you again for your review.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I attended an international conference at this hotel recently and was very impressed with this hotel and its staff. From Schiphol Airport, the hotel is only one-stop away via the train, then a short three-block walk to the hotel. It is located in a cluster of high-rise modern office buildings, so the sidewalks are wide and smooth (easy to roll your suitcase). The staff was very helpful, with immediate, personal attention to make sure my computer could successfully connect to their free Internet connection--important but rare excellence on this point!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the central atrium are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and informing us about your stay with us in the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam- South.

We were extremely exited to read that you experienced immediate and personal attention from our staff. This will contributed to a positive and memorable image of our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

New hotel in a suburb but with very easy links from the airport and into the centre of Amsterdam. The train from the airport is only one stop. Trams and metro into the centre are very frequent and take about 20 minutes.
There are a few restaurants nearby but I would venture into town for a better selection.

The customer service in the hotel is excellent. I couldn't fault them.
The bar is reasonably priced with a good selection.
Breakfast is overpriced at €22.50 and there isn't a great selection.
Rooms are fairly spacious and comfortable with everything you would expect from a Crowne Plaza. My room was on the 10th floor and was very quiet.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for those who don't mind being away from the hassle and bustle of Amsterdam central.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear valued guest,

We were happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff members were able to assist you at your satisfaction.

However it was concerning for us to learn that you were not impressed by our breakfast selection. As we take our guests impression very serious, we would appreciate to receive your specific feedback. Kindly inform our Food & Beverage Manager through info.amspc@ihg.com about your observations.

Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had to spend a night in Amsterdam and decided last minute to use my Priority Club points in order to book an hotel.
It was short but perfect. I immediately got an upgrade and a room on the last floor. Also got a complementary drink, as well as internet, thanks to my status on the PC program. Personnel was VERY friendly and smiling.
Room was very nice, bathroom also, and above all very clean.
I travel a lot and see a many hotels, but I had to write something positive about this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful we were still able to surprise an experienced traveller as yourself with our service and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We are grateful for giving us the opportunity to show our appreciation for your loyalty. As a Platinum member of the Priority Club you are our most important guest and it is great to read the provided benefits receive are approved of

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I always say the service can always cover up lots of negativities and if everything is wonderful than it can be a cherry on top. The moment I arrived and till I checked out I can't pick on anything sighh lol. Just the small lil things and their patience with me made it all the more pleasant. My room was beautiful and had evrything in it. Breakfast had both hot and cold food also the chef at the counter was wonderful. Was a superb stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CPSouth, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will refer your kind words to our breakfast chef; he will be delighted to receive your feedback.

I am also happy to hear our service was the “cherry on top” of your experience rather then a cover up.

Hoping to welcome you back in the future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was initially apprehensive when I approached this hotel as it is situated in the business district and I was on holiday with my partner but had a brilliant stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. From a friendly greating at the reception desk and little touches like a call to check we were happy with the room to the comfortable bed and spacious room on the 11th floor with a good view I was delighted with our stay. Considering that it was a little way from the town centre using the tram it was not inconvenient and great staying away from the hussle and bussle. Admittedly we didn't go for the breakfast as 22 euros each did seem excessive and instead tried different places on our journey into town which was more fun and most likely better value. I booked on-line and the site I used told me of the pay on departure city tax that seems common to the hotels in Amsterdam. Overall one of the best stays in a hotel I have had with very helpful and friendly staff. I suggest getting a unlimited travel pass from Central Zuid station as this saved us money on the trams.

Room Tip: I took the top floor corner room as it was the most spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It particularly pleases me to hear that you have experienced our service as friendly, helpful and personal.

We fully understand that a hotel in the business district of Amsterdam might at first create some reservations when staying for leisure purposes. To read these reservations were overcome with the comfort, calm and personal service is great praise for our hotel. Thank you!

I am also happy to inform you that during your next stay you also may purchase an ""I Amsterdam"" card in our hotel. This card gives free access to several museums, public transport and a free canal cruise. It may make your stay even more convenient.

Ingrid van Veen

Been to Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South? Share your experiences!