“Hmm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho

Rancho
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 71 73, 1017 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31 20 627 4754
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Hmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hmm, Amsterdam, what to do? Well, I had a hankering for a steak, and Argentine beef. So I decided on this place. I ordered the 300g filet completo, which comes with a salad and either fries or baked potato. I opted for the potato, you can get with either butter or sour cream. I used the garlic butter that came with the fresh bread I ordered. The salad's that come with your meal in europe are not much to speak about. But I wasn't here for the salad. The filet came, it was a nice barrel cut. Simply seasoned, good beef. I got what I asked for. If you want to sample some Argentine beef, then I would say go here. I wouldn't say it was overly pricey. Service was very good, friendly. I imagine they have some good Malbec wine to drink, but after the night before, I wasn't drinking anything! Sat outside and watched the world go by.......

• 3 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
“Slab of Argentenian goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

There are a number of Rancho outlets all over Amsterdam. The one I visited was Ranchi VII located at Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 101.

Had a 200g medium-well Argentinian Sirlion Steak "with a bit of fat for flavour". It was well-cooked with the right amount of black pepper and sea salt seasoning.The fat certainly added texture and layer to the taste. The beef was tender with enough bite and went well with a glass (or two) of red wine. I take my sombrero off to you, amigos! Well done, indeed.

And to wash away the guilt, I had a large serving of salad! So all's well that ends well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Derby, UK
“Excellent steak & ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a very busy and lively restaurant Excellent quality and perfectly cooked 300 gram ribeye steak (rare). Ribs with choice of sauce also highly recommended.

Only complaint was that the service was slow or our order got lost in the kitchen as many diners that came in after us got served before us. We did get a free drink for waiting.

Definitely worth a visit if you enjoy good meat as it is very reasonably priced for the quality of meat that is served.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“Poor Choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We opted for the mixed grill which was recommended. No flavor, overcooked and served after a significant wait. Staff was just okay but more interested in themselves rather than providing better service. Lots of other choices available. Suggest that you bypass this one.

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Argentinian Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A cozy and nice steakhouse tucked in one of the zillion alleys of Amsterdam.
Great customer service and delicious juicy steaks cooked to perfection.

• Visited September 2013