“Missing Ramada Apollo greatly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre

You added Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Staalmeesterslaan 410, 1057 PH Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Earn 500 BPS
Ranked #63 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Missing Ramada Apollo greatly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Ramada Apollo 16th-23rd Feb. It was quite simply, an amazing stay.
Upon arrival the lady who checked us in was the most helpful person I've ever came across. She was polite, speedy, attentive and managed to get us a top floor room as we were staying for a week in which the view was spectacular. I may be wrong but i think i recall her name as Chantelle. She is a credit to your team.

Rooms clean, modern and tidy with complimentary tea and coffee.

Tram 13 is very conveniently located close to the hotel with about a 2 minute walk that takes you right into the centre.
Ramada may not be located in the best place for night life but if you are going for a nice relaxed city break you won't need that as you'll have been sight seeing all day long...even then if you do you have floor 17 at the top of the hotel to relax in.

The standards are impeccable and I would definitely return in the near future.

Thank you Ramada for a superb holiday.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Enjoyed a 3 night stay. All staff, apart from one, were welcoming, helpful and attentive. We had a lovely bar meal on our first night on the 17th floor. Service was excellent and views amazing. Breakfast selection was vast and plentiful. On a personal note we would have liked a bath and not just a shower but not a problem. If you want to eat out in the city centre and return to hotel bar for drinks later be warned you may not be let in....only rude member of staff we encountered. However, bar and waiting staff who remembered us from night before sorted us out...thanks guys. Would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed February 2015
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear linsarjan,

Thank you very much for this most excellent 5 out of 5 score on TripAdvisor. The fact that you would be happy to stay with us again is probably one of the biggest compliments we can get.

I’m however a little concerned about your feedback towards our door policy after midnight. Please do understand that this security check is done for the safety of all guests. I do apologies if this wasn’t communicated clearly.

Once again, thank you very much for all your kind words and I would very much like to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam for 3 nights recently. Room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were really helpful and pleasant. Lovely touch with the personal welcome note on the TV when we entered the room. The breakfast was great, something for everyone. The tram was within easy walking distance from the hotel and took us about 15 mins to the city centre.

Room Tip: our room was on the 5th floor facing the highway but we did not hear any traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lythwood2004,

What an amazing headline this is! Thank you so much for all your kind words regarding your recent stay in Amsterdam.

I do indeed have to agree that there is a very wide range of breakfast items available for our guests. Hopefully you did try our homemade waffles as well!

Once again, thank you very much for this wonderful review and it would be a real pleasure welcoming you back any time soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

well what a great location , the Hotel looks great , the reception staff were very helpfull , explained on a map where to get a tram into centre, also where we could get a 3 day pass for them in the hotel shop, at 16.50 euros each a very good deal, just remember to swipe card on and off tram each trip,we had a bit of trouble getting into bar on 17th floor, seating only policy was stupid, lots of people arguing with staff, once in very good bar food and cheap drinks, the Resturant well that is a totally stupid policy, no menu its a surprise, up to the chef ? And no prices supplied just had to choose 3,5 or 7 courses, needless to say did not eat there, apart from that a good hotel, just get your Resturant sorted, also bad smell from drains in Bathroom,which we complained about, we stayed on the 6 th floor and had a good view, Amsterdam is a great city.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear funl0ver,

Thank you very much for providing us with such wonderful and such useful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

I do indeed have to agree that the views from are top floor are quite extraordinary. I am however, very sorry to read about your rather negative experience with our restaurant. Floor 17 does indeed offer a 3, 5 or 7 course diner which is very popular at this moment. In case of a set menu I would like to advise you our bar menu. In case visiting Amsterdam again, please do contact me up front so I can explain this more into detail.

Last but certainly not least I would very much like to thank you for your kind words towards the reception team. I will make sure this department will be informed about your compliments!

Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just got back from Amsterdam and myself and some friends stayed at the ramada apollo hotel.

I must say i was rather impressed. The staff were friendly and the room was one of the better i have stayed in. Appreciated the fast internet and UK tv channels.

The tram as others have said is only a couple minutes walk from the front of the hotel. Take the 13 straight into central. Had lots of fun walking into central on the first night, taking a few wrong turning. I do kind of wish we were closer, but the tram was better than expected.

I did kinda wish the shower doors fully closed, as was worried about flooding. Also noticed strange smells as other have mentioned, but nothing major. Breakfast had a good choice but grew bored by last day.

Thanks for a pleasant visit!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AaronUK H,

Thank you very much for writing down such wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre! It does make me very proud to read such amazing words towards my colleauges and I will make sure the whole Ramada team will be informed about this.

Regarding the tram I have to agree that this is the most convenient way to go into town. When taking tram 13, you will reach the Dam square in less than 15 minutes.

Once again, thank you very much for all your great words and it would be a real pleasure welcoming you back any time soon.

With warm regards,

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at the Ramada Apollo for one week. First, I'd like to thank staff members Pim, Floor and Isabel, who were all charming, gracious, attentive and helpful.

There were many excellent aspects to the hotel and many that needed improvement and consideration by the upper management.

The cons: The bathroom showers have a flawed design and copious amounts of water end up on the bathroom floor, no matter what configuration of the shower-head is attempted. It's a waste of water and takes many towels to mop up, also a wasted resource.

The toilet smells like a porta-potty. Not sure if it's the design or poor plumbing.

Tissues are not provided in the room (my husband had a cold as well) and when we mentioned this to a staff member, he told us they were clogging the toilet so they stopped providing them to guests; however, the staff member did scavenge for a box that was almost empty which he supplied to us. Ultimately, we went to the near-by market and purchased our own, but I believe this is chintzy on the part of the hotel.

The breakfast, which we only had once, is spectacular. However, unless it is included in your rate or you have a business account which picks up your tab, it's very expensive. We are breakfast eaters, but light fare, e.g., a boiled egg, perhaps toast/baked bread product, piece of fruit, tea/coffee. So it wasn't worth it for us. I wish they'd have more options and reasonably priced ones for breakfast.

They have a coffee/tea station in the lobby, but you have to pay. Every hotel we've stayed at in the last number of years provides this gratis. Grant it, it's regular coffee and tea, not all the fancy lattes, etc., which are options at the Apollo, but nevertheless I believe the Ramada should offer regular coffee/tea, etc., as complimentary. Again, I felt it was extremely chintzy.

On the same topic, usually every hotel we've stayed at in the last number of years (we only stay at mid-range hotels, like the Ramada-type), they provide complimentary bowls of apples/bananas or some other kind of fresh fruit. It's a nice touch. The Ramada does not and, once again, I feel it to be chintzy of them.

While I understand it was a busy time for them, our vacation week fell on Valentine's weekend, there were times when we had to call the front desk three and four times to get extra towels in order to mop-up the large puddles of water due to the faulty design of the shower.

No mini-bar/fridge in the rooms.

Pros: Lovely, modern hotel; while small, the rooms are beautifully appointed; in-room safe, lap-top compatible; free-wifi in the room and lobby; terry cloth robes provided, upon request; the staff with whom we dealt directly, exceeded expectations and were excellent; the shower was hot; the beds were comfortable; the coffee/tea maker was excellent; we had an outstanding, beautiful view of the park and old Amsterdam (12th floor); FANTASTIC location, just outside of the congestion, on the park; literally across the street from Tram 13, which takes only 10 minutes to Dam Square and connecting trams and transportation; located in a great little neighborhood, with plenty of restaurants, cafes, Dirk's grocery store (where we would purchase our fresh fruit, baked goods, water, etc.), drinking establishments, etc; free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and nominal charge for return to the airport; the hotel is reasonably priced.

Overall, I believe the pros balanced out the cons, but again, my message to upper management is to consider these flaws and improve upon them henceforth. After all, it isn't called the "hospitality industry" for nothing.

Again, Thank You Pim, Floor and Isabel for treating us so special.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear California Dreamin91,

Thank you very much for this very extended review regarding your recent stay in Amsterdam and what a pleasure it is to read such lovely words towards my Front Office team.

Next to this, your constructive feedback towards the inhouse facilities and breakfast area. With comments like your we can indeed improve our level of service.

Once again, thank you very much for all this wonderful feedback and it would be a real pleasure welcoming you back anytime soon.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed in room 1001, which was perfect, with a great floor from the 10th floor.
The room was comfy and large. The coffee and tea facilities a nice plus.
The bathroom was large and modern, there were no extra amenities, however.
The room was very well isolated, so no notice from neighbours or slamming doors in the morning.

The reception was helpful and the breakfast ideal, with a great view, since it is served on the 18th floor.

The hotel is situated a bit out of the centre, but tram 10 guides you directly to the centre. You have trams 4-6 times an hour. So it was very easy to go to the centre.
This hotel is really worth the visit, and has very good price quality. I would definitely go again!
Parking is only 15€ /24h a real luxe in the expensive Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enjoy a stunning view
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tininha13,

Thank you very much for this amazing 5 out of 5 score regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre! I’m very glad to read that you did enjoy your stay this much and it is a real honor for me and my team to receive review like yours.

Next to this I would like to thank you for providing such useful information to our future guests. Tram 13 does indeed brings you downtown in less than 15 minutes and our parking facility is very user friendly.

The fact that you would probably return to us is probably one of the biggest compliments we cab receive. I will make sure the rest of the team will be informed about this great news as well.
Again, thank you very much for all your kind words and wonderful feedback and it would be a real pelasure welcoming you back anytime soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!