“Little bit expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre

You added Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Staalmeesterslaan 410, 1057 PH Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #63 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Peso da Régua
“Little bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Not very far from the city center (about 10/15 min by tram).
Tram station only at 2 min wlking from the hotel (line 13)
The rooms are clean and cosy.
The meals at the hotel's last floor restaurant are expensive also as breakfast. Not recomended.
Free wifi all over the hotel Just ask for de password at the reception.
I loved the city. It's amazing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear JulioCarmo,

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

I’m very glad you have enjoyed the city of Amsterdam! Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back once more.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice hotel modern rooms very good, air con and safe in room, most of the staff were friendly one of the bar staff was quite rude witch kind of spoilt our night was told by reception bar was open till one ,the bar man said it closed at 12 very slow service ,asked another person what time bar closed she said 12.30 the bar man said she did not know what she was talking about ,then just before 12.30 another bar person came and asked if we wanted last orders very confusing . Good access to city centre

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear rottweilersherry,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the majority of your stay. On the other side it is very unfortunate to read about your experience at Floor 17.

In case visiting Amsterdam again, please do contact me in person so I can personally make sure everything will be taken care of in a righteous way.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Service in the hotel was a let down. Trash in my room wasn't cleaned and used towels were left on the bed. We had to ask for new ones at midnight and it took 30 minutes to get spare ones. Secondly, I was supposed to be charged ~ £300 for my stay whereas the hotel charged £900 from my card. I have already called them 4 times and have had no resolution. This sets a dangerous precedent of overcharging !!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sanjeev P,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Especially your financial situation does concern me. Please provide me with your contact details so I can take care of this straight away. Next to this I would of course very much like to discuss your other comments.

With warm regards,

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Big new modern Hotel almost in the park. It seems like come to the village after big city. Small rooms, but clean. No mini bar in the rooms. Breakfast in very simple and not in it's price (17.50). They have transfer to the airport, computer with internet in the reception and free wi-fi. It seems to me that it's not very good for families with children because they don't have food for kids on the breakfast and no activities in the hotel, except mini-zoo in front of the main entrance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear 2014Elena_V,

Thank you very much for writing down your experience at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Your review mentioned that the hotel is not ideal for children. Due to the fact we are indeed located right next to a big park, and mini-zoo, I do actually think it is one of the better spots in Amsterdam.

Again, thank you very much for providing us with such useful feedback. We will definitely use this to update our level of service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at the Ramada Apollo many times now. So far I had nothing overwhelmingly positive or negative to say. Nice hotel, nice rooms, friendly enough staff breakfast is ok. Generally a good value for money proposition.
However today I attempted to have a drink an subsequently dine in the busy rooftop terrace.
I found a little sunny spot with a chair and a small table (not big enough to eat off) to spend a few minutes with a beer before sitting down for dinner when the sun was down.
Not possible... I was told that I would not be served in this spot as "it was not part of the service Area". Serious attitude problem. I expect to be accommodated as A paying guest. I spoke to duty management who tried to explain but didn't manage any better than "not part of the Service Area". I got a free Heineken later. I still wont go back to the rooftop terrace. I will probably choose a different hotel for my next stay,

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Alex K,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am however very sorry to hear about your rather negative experience at Floor 17. It is indeed true we do have a view ‘No service areas’. This due to the fact that we are not allowed providing service in smoking areas. Please do contact the hotel so new can discuss this in person and I can restore your faith at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my best friend. We wanted a nice hotel that would be quiet but still offer good transport links into the centre.

The hotel is very clean and modern with a restaurant and bar on the 17th floor. We tried out the food on our first night and it was really good. Pricey like the most of Amsterdam but great quality and taste.

I have attached a photo that shows the tram stop #13 which is right outside the hotel. It's a 12 minute tram journey into the centre.

The room had air conditioning which was great for us at it was hot outside. The beds were very comfortable too. We also asked for the wi-fi log in as it's free too.

We also got the breakfast each morning but rather than add it on before when we booked we were able to get a better discount in person at reception saving us €5 each per day.

Also they offer a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and only €5 each for the return. Well worth it.

I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to Amsterdam. I certainly will be staying her when I return.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lindsey M,

Thank you very much fort his amazing review on TripAdvisor! I do even more appreciate all the information provided to our future guests.

It has been a pleasure welcoming you at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and I do hope to do so again anytime soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here for three nights and the hotel was very nice.

The price of 17.50 for breakfast seemed a bit steep so we passed on this.

The hotel was around a 35 minute walk into the centre and was a welcome change to the tram, although it does stop right outside so super handy.

No real tips for the hotel apart from make sure you ask for toiletries such as shower gel and toothpaste, they are on request only.

Good transportation service to and from the airport. Free shuttle on the way from the airport to the hotel and only a 5 euro cost back to the airport. A very comfortable and quick ride.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boudewijn M, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear SJR03,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

In your review, you do mention our toiletries. Due to the fact we are awarded with a Golden Green Gey (highest level in sustainability) we do indeed only provide these upon request. In case you will visit us again, please do inform us upfront so we can already place these items in your room.

Once again, thank you very much for leaving your comments and I do hope to welcome you back once more.

Hotel Manager

Been to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!