“Beautiful weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Bremen, Germany
“Beautiful weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just leaving the airport with shuttle practically waiting for you in front of the Schiphol leaves a very good impression, and at the doesn't ask you for any payment as well leaves even better :).
But from the start, staff in general and online chat with hotel help works as a charm, I actually had some problem with my credit card and they took reservation only on my name what's not very common. Upon arrival, nice people at reception, as well as on fabulous 17th floor which gives you amazing view at the whole Amsterdam, with some nice coffee. Btw. never ate here while we've read food is expensive and we are more like street food fans who likes to try it as much cuisines as possible.
Hotel is very clean and quit with smooth music allround the hotel, fresh tulips in hotel what else :)... rooms are clean as well, not too big but still big enough for a few days. Longer stay might be a problem for somebody with the bigger cases and more clothing. Free coffee and tea in room is a nice addon, you also have ironboard in room, hairdryer etc. but no room fridge (this I don't understand why). Bed is great for sleeping, you don't want to leave it in the morning. Bathroom is spacious and comfortable and the shower is big enough for two.
However, biggest and maybe the only real remark would be, no slippers and bathrobes for guests. This is something you usually should get in hotel of this category without second thought.
There is no swimming pool in this hotel, thats a shame but did't really missed it.

Chekout was very fast without any problems and shuttle can drive you back to the airport, but return drive costs 5 euro/person which is very reasonably and you don't have to make necessary reservation.

Location, not the greatest but you have a tram that takes you directly to Dam Square in 12 minutes so no real problem there either.

We would come back and stay here again without second thought, my faincee really loved this hotel, as she says "it a class of its own" (in 4* range). But the slippers and the bathrobes should be there.

PS. there weren't any bellboys, but that didn't bother us at all.

Room Tip: Rooms that looks on at the center or one the corner rooms, I believe there are even more windows wha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Sale01,

Thank you very much for this excellent review. Your five bullet rating really means the world to me and my team.

Since all aspects of the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre are written down in this review I will definatly share this among my team.

Again, thank you very much for these kind words and I do hope to welcome nack you any time soon!

1,104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Ramada is a nice hotel with really easy access from the airport using the shuttle service. It doesn't look fantastic from the outside but the decor inside is modern and well presented. The location is ok if you're happy to use public transport during your stay - if you want to walk everywhere then this isn't the hotel for you. Nice parks nearby though.

The facilities were average - gym very small, sauna large and new-looking, breakfast 100% self-service and very crowded. Choices were standard European fare. The bar was lovely however, and we went here a couple of times.

The room was an ok size and again, well presented, but there were a couple of issues for us. Firstly, it's incredibly dark inside! Secondly, our bed had no head-board or wall to rest against, instead there was a large wooden shelf behind our pillows. So we couldn't sit up in bed at all, and more annoyingly, our heads would regularly hit the shelf during the night so we had two poor night's sleep. Very strange design!

In summary, I'd try somewhere else if I went back to Amsterdam, but as part of a good value holiday package this hotel was fine.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RLM1981,

Thank you very much for time to write us a review online.

All your feedback is extremely useful to me and my team. I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the beds. Please do contact our reception team in case of any future stay so we can look into any solutions for your inconvenience.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we were met by the free shuttle service to the hotel until the moment we left we experienced excellent customer service. The staff were helpful with everything including directions and recommendations of both attractions and restaurants.
Even when the receptionist was on her own during a busy period we still did not feel rushed. The room was very modern, great view and spotlessly clean. We purchased a 48hour tram/bus pass from reception for 12€. We highly recommend this as its a great way of travelling all around amsterdam efficiently. There is no price difference when bought on the tram. We visited the '17 floor' bar for a drink, the drinks were a bit pricey but the atmosphere and view made up for that. Even though we are a young couple and dont expect much we were treated the same as everybody else and hotel staff made sure we got the best possible service. Overall we had a great time and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Luke J,

Thank you very much for these wonderful and kind words on tripadvisor. A five bullet score is one of the biggest compliments we can get!

I’m especially delighted with your compliments towards our staff, I will definitely share your words among my team.

It has been a pleasure having you as a guest and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Diemen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Last weekend we stayed in Ramado Apollo with friends. We had a very nice stay. The hotel doesn't look very attractive on the outside, but is very nice decorated on the inside. The rooms are cosy and comfortable. The only thing that is missing is an extra mirror in the room. There is one in the bathroom and not in the bedroom. When you have an upper floor you get a very nice view over Amsterdam as well.
Next day we went to the city center and with public transport (tram) it's not far at all.
We had dinner at Floor 17 and it was very good. Nice atmosphere with DJ, a hotspot in Amsterdam and the food was also very tasty. We have one vegetarian in our group and the chef had a very special menu for her.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear PetraBH5820MJ,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre!

A diner at Floor17 combined with a stay on one of our top floors is a real tremendous combination. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I am however, quit surprised with your comments regarding a mirror since all our deluxe rooms do have an enormous mirror behind the television. Please contact me in person so I can check this room in person.

Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just returned from a long weekend in Amsterdam and could not fault this hotel. The staff are all incredibly friendly starting with the shuttle bus driver at the airport collection. The bar at the hotel has lovely views and is very reasonably priced in comparison to the rest of the city. Tram stop right outside the hotel but make sure to get 13 back from Central station as the tram drivers get confused by the hotel name and suggest one that drops off 3 miles away!! Would stay here again when I next visit without a second thought.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Df2721991,

Thank you very much for this wonderful 5 bullet review, this is one of the biggest compliments we can get! I’m especially delighted with your compliments regarding our staff, this is one of our main focus points!

Also the fact that you would like to stay here again is from high importance to me. Again, thank you very much for this review and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My hubby and I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful (and not at all full of their own importance, as many staff in similar quality hotels tend to be). Celestra and Hans went out of their way to be very kind and caring. The buffet (with very convenient hours of 6.30 to 10am on weeks days) was a joy and you wanted for nothing, and the view from the restaurant was an added bonus. The bed was firm and very comfortable, we had our choice of heat settings from the gizmo on the wall, the room was very clean and we enjoyed the walk in shower. My husband and I are well traveled and the quietness of the rooms was the best ever. We could not hear footsteps above or T Vs. or people passing by in the corridor. Bliss!! I would highly recommended this hotel and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Twoenglishladies,

Thank you very much for taking time to write us such a wonderful review, this really means the world to me and my team!

Your compliment towards our staff will definitely be shared among all members of staff. This is a great example about the service we would like to offer to each guest!

Thank you very much for much for this recommendation and I do hope to welcome you back as a guest one day!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I arrived to the hotel via the shuttle bus from Schiphol. Excellent driver. The hotel is new and the staff on the reception is friendly.
I decided to treat myself with a "a la cart" dinner even though my company paid for a simple buffet. I just wanted a good big steak.The restaurant looks beautiful with a nice view over the city.
I ordered the scallops (17 Euro's) and an entrecote (30 euro's) and even though the dishes looked very nice they were extremely poor in quantity. The scallops were only 2 (maybe 5 grams in total with 3-4 different sauces and 3 leafs of some miniature lettuce) and the entrecote dish consisted of 6-7 pieces of already cut entrecote covered with a sauce and 8 French fries on the side. In total all together not even 100 grams of food. I spent 55 euro's in the restaurant and had to go to a snack bar afterwards because I was still hungry like a elephant. The first time in many years that I really felt robbed after spending 55 euro's for a 1 person dinner. Like this the restaurant can feed 150 customers with only 1 kg of entrecote all together.
Also,the restaurant waiter said that they do not serve 0,5l beer, but small ones 0,3 but then I had to constantly wave my arms in order to get the waitress to bring another one. At the end I gave up, just paid and left.No eye contact with the customers whatsoever.
I am sorry, but this is how I feel about the restaurant.
In the room for the first time ever since I travel around the globe there are no complimentary toiletries provided (to preserve the environment!??) and you have to call for somebody to bring them up (which I did not do because I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep without having to wait for somebody to bring me some shower gel). Bring your own toiletries.
The bed in the room is extremely hard to sleep on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Milan1232014,

Thank you very much for taking time to write down your experiences on tripadvisor.

First of all, I´m very pleased with your compliments towards our staff and the shuttle service.

I am however quit surprised with your constructive feedback towards our restaurant, Floor 17. Please do understand that this is qualified as a fine dining restaurant, were we do offer a high quality 3-course menu for €35.

This is also the reason why no 0,5l beers are served at this part of our restaurant. In case you would like to enjoy a more extended diner, please do book for our Italian buffet. Here we do offer many fresh Italian and International products for just €25.

The toiletries are indeed available at the reception due to our Golden Green Key certificate. In case you would need them, please do ring us and we will be up in 2 minutes.

I would really hope to welcome you again at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre to provide you the expected services.

Hotel Manager

Been to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!