“Great hotel,location,breakfast - for a short break in Amsterdam!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #76 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great hotel,location,breakfast - for a short break in Amsterdam!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went as a couple (in our fourties) late November, four nights. Second year running we've stayed here. Great value (booked with Travel Republic 6 months in advance) inc.breakfast. Excellent choice for breakfast, from fruit, hot buffet, pancakes with various toppings to choose from. Lovely city views from restaurant.

Great location - tram 13 from virtually outside the hotel to Dam Square/Central. Frequent service runs til approx 12.30am. 4 day tram pass 21 Euros. Staff can vary but most are helpful. Tip - if you want the airport shuttle on departure, book in advance (soon after you arrive) as it's a minibus and gets full up quickly (approx 8-10 seats). Shuttle free on arrival (stop A9 at airport) and 5 Euros pp for the return journey.

Room - housekeeping staff very good (better than last year!) very clean room, towels changed daily - room on 15th floor, great views, beds comfy. Mirror in bathroom has a heated? area that stays steam free after shower - very handy!! Corner room as we requested a quiet room away from the lifts. Noticed airline crews use this hotel - a good sign!

We plan to return to Amsterdam and would definately stay here again!

Tip - join Wyndam Rewards for free prior to staying there and they should give you a free bottle of water and snack if you print/show your (paper ok) card.

Room Tip: Corner, if you want a quiet room away from lifts. High floor - great views!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Lamby41,

Thank you very much for choosing the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre twice already! This is definitely a big compliment to all of my colleagues.

I would also like to thank you for sharing such detailed travel information and room suggestions.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again next year and we will certainly try to make you next stay even more memorable.

1,142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights last week, what can I say but thanks ramada had a fab time. Upgraded to executive room on 13th floor what a room'. Everything just perfect.

Cannot wait to return.

Thanks again ramada

Room Tip: High floor, corner room, executive every time, well worth the extra money
Dear Jackie A,

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for these kind words.

I can indeed share your comments regarding our executive rooms. The will provide you with a fabulous view over the city of Amsterdam.

Next to this I would like to mention that a return visit is one of the biggest compliments we can get. Again, thank you very much and I do hope to welcome you back in the (near) future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My son and I booked a weekend break with easyjet and this was the hotel we were given. It was an excellent choice. The staff are super friendly and helpful, in particular I d like to mention Tess, who sorted out our Ajax football match tickets, and Georgios, the irrepressively charming and good natured minibus driver and waiter. He really made our stay, as soon as he picked us up from the airport (great service and very easy to find the pick up point just outside the airport). He was helpful with his travel tips and just so funny and nice. The room was spotlessly clean, and you can buy travel cards for the tram and metro from reception. The 13 tram goes all the way to Central Station, and if you want to Museum Quarter you take this one too and get off after 3 stops and get on the 12. The breakfast at the hotel was brilliant- lots of choice, nice pancakes, good homemade bread,decent coffee. The things I would avoid here are ever buying a beer from reception (four euros!) or a packet of crisps (two euros!)..that was a rip off and my only real gripe. Things that would have made it even better..herbal tea bags in the room as well as green tea, tea and coffee for when you don't want caffeine. I would come back here as I was very impressed.

Room Tip: Higher up would be better as the views are superb. If the room feels a little cold there is a tempe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Lottie Suter,

Thank you for taking the time writing a review and giving us 5 bullets!

What a compliment you were over the moon with our hotel. We are always happy to help you with all your questions and requests during your stay, we are glad you have enjoyed the service from our staff.

We do all look forward welcoming you as a guest once more. I will definitely share this wonderful review among my team.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

my boyfriend and i travelled for the very first time to amsterdam and after reading good reviews of the hotel we decided to book, and im so glad we did. when we arrived, we were greated warmly and thought the hotel looked beautiful. the main reception area ia beautifully relaxing with tea and coffee facilities available, as well as computers with internet access. arriving in the room i was plesently surprised, the view overlooking the whole city blew me away and i thoroughly enjoyed looking over it every morning from my bed. the rooms are modern, clean, spacious and inviting. breakfast thr next morning was worth the money, unlimited drinks and food with loads of varities, actually very yummy! and also the hotel is 2 minutes walk away from the tram (take the number 13 into the city centre, which is only 10 minutes).i couldnt be any happier with my stay, expect to see us again soon! really is a beautiful place to stay. thank you

Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear AmyC1991,

I would like to thank you for this beautiful review regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

5-dotts and reading that you might be coming back are really the biggest compliment we can get! I will definitely share this wonderful review within my team. We do all look forward welcoming you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great hotell. Even with a simple and boring breakfast I will recommend it for a simple short stay. Take the 13 tram for 15 min and you reach the Central station. I liked the view from my fifth floor. Good service from the staff. Price was good for the total value.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Andreas S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre via Tripadvisor!

I’m very curious why the breakfast is described as ‘boring’. Please, do contact me in person in case of any future stay so I can assure you will be looked after.

With kinds regards,

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Ramada Apollo is a fantastic choice of hotel to visit Amterdam. We booked it through a special offer so didnt expect 5*. What a surprise and as we could check in straight away at 10.30am that was another thumbs up for us.
The location is excellent and a good base to get round. It is about 15 mins from the airport and a 10 min tram ride to Dam Square and Central Station. The tram number 13 stops more or less right outside of the hotel. Make sure you buy your bus ticket to cover you for your duraion. They run until around midnight. Even if you miss the last tram you could easily walk back within 30 mins just following the right tram lines.
The rooms are a little of the small side but are very clean and adequate for a long weekend.
Our room over looked Amsterdam so at night it was a fantastic sight but early morning it was very misty but still enjoyable to look at. The only shame was that the windows didnt open.
The breakfast caters for all tastes with plenty to choose from. In my opinion they didnt have enough breakfast staff as the table were full of dirty pots which we had to move to have a clear table but that is the only disappointment we had.
The hotel lays on a courtesy bus which is a fantastic idea especially if youve not been to Amsterdam before and at 5e pp its a bargain for your return journey.
We are definetely going back to Amsterdam and would more than likely stay here again without hesitation as it ticked all our boxes !!!!!!

Room Tip: Judging by the quality of our room, I would say all rooms would be on the same parr. Try and get a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Imre H, General Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Sara E,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. We are very happy to get 5 out of 5.

It was a pleasure having such a positive guest and I will definitely share your review among my team.
Again, thank you very much for this wonderful review and I do hope to welcome you back as a guest any time soon.

northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked this hotel as it was a special offer with our travel agent and we are definitely glad we did. We arrived at our hotel to be greeted by very friendly reception staff. Our arrival time was very early which meant our room wasn't ready but the hotel provide a secure holding room for your luggage which allows you to go off and start enjoying your trip The hotel is in the suburbs but this no big issue as the tram practically stops outside the door and for 17 euros each you can buy a 3 day pass which gives you access to the tram, train and bus. The tram took about 5-10 min into Amsterdam centre and passed Anne Frank house on route. The hotel itself is fresh and modern, the rooms are well appointed, very clean and the bathroom with its walk in shower was very appealing after a long day (no shower curtains here - yippee). Our room rate included breakfast which was an all you can eat buffet and as it neared closing time staff went round and told guests so that they could quickly go and replenish their plates just in case they were still hungry. There was a large choice of hot and cold items ranging from fruit salad, breads and eggs and sausages to mention but a few. There was definitely no problem filling your tummy. The only issue I have with breakfast and it is only a small niggle considering the amount of food available is there was no bacon available on any of our breakfast mornings. As i said it is a small niggle. My OH and I went to level 17 to the bar and the views were fabulous and the prices were reasonable considering we were drinking in a hotel. The hotel provide a free shuttle service from the airport which you can pick up outside the terminal, you don't need to book and for 5 euros each you can use the hotel shuttle to return to the airport to fly home. It is a good idea to book the shuttle back to the airport when you arrive at the hotel, we didn't and when we did go to book the time slot we wanted it was already full. All in all a great hotel and we will definitely return.

Dear travelchics,

I really enjoyed reading your feedback about your stay. Thank you for all your kind words and positive feedback, especially regarding our staff. I will make sure that the entire team will be informed about this.

Hotel Manager

Been to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!