We booked this hotel last minute and we thought our stay was very average with some good things to note and disappointments which I will list below. Our stay was from August 4th to 10th.
- Modern and bright room with lots of electrical outlets for your laptop/mobile/ipad and even in the bathroom for the curling iron.
- Great channel options on the flat screen tv
- Comfortable bed
- Iron and ironing board in the room (but you have to take it out of the cupboard and place it on the floor so you have space to hang your clothes.
- The tram was a short, less than 5 minute walk with every 15 minute service and about 15mins to the main square (Dam Square) and 20mins to the central train station. Just beware that if you stay out past 9pm the service becomes every 30mins. Tram costs 7.50 euros daily or 12.50 euros for 48hrs or 2.80 euros for a one hour pass.
- Friendly staff for the most part.
- Convenient free shuttle from the airport and only 5euros per person for the return trip, which must be booked ahead of time. It runs every 40mins from about 6am.
- Hotel is located a bit outside the main area and very dark at night. It's also not convenient to drop off your shopping and head back out to the main area after being out all day due to the distance. Many times we really wished we could just relax in the hotel for an hour or so and then go back out but it didn't make sense so we just stayed out for an extra couple of hours or so.
- Not much in area for restaurants or shops
- Small, tight room for 2 people
- Poor headboard layout so both people are at far ends of the bed.
- uncomfortably soft and small pillows (got a cricked neck my first night)
- Poor customer service from just one male reception person a couple of nights ago. I asked for an extra pillow from reception as I got a cricked neck and was told to use a couple of towels! I asked to still please send up an extra pillow, which never came so I had to call again and his colleague (tall blond) brought one up personally.
- Poor room service. I left 1/2 cup of tea to come back and still find it on the desk later that night and they never remove used paper cups. They vacuumed just once during our stay. The shower dispenser soap was empty for 3 days and they also just replaced 1 small square of a bar of soap for the sink on one occasion so we used that for the shower as well.
- No room fridge
- Little options for tea and coffee.
- No mini bar
- No hotel guide/information package available. Not even a pen or pencil to write with although there was a very small notepad. There was no notation on the phone so we didn't know how to call reception (dial 9). We had to ask the next day upon heading out as we were not given the wifi code upon check-in. We also didn't know if there was room service or if there was, what was available so we just never bothered. This is a last minute wish after returning at about midnight wanting a snack.
The hotel appearance inside is a 4 star in my opinion but everything else makes it a 3.5 or a 3 star. It seem as if it's going through growing pains of staff training. I would possibly stay here again but first look for something closer to the center. I would recommend it to friends but would let them know the above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This spectacular 4-star hotel, containing 446 rooms, is not only one of the biggest hotels in Amsterdam, but also the biggest Ramada hotel in Europe. The imposing building is situated only 15 minutes from the historic city centre and is ideally located on the Amsterdam ring road and next to the RembrandtparkRamada Apollo Amsterdam Centre contains 446 luxurious rooms and suites, 8 state-of-the-art meeting rooms, sauna and fitness facilities, solarium, 300 indoor parking spaces and a spectacular restaurant & skybar on the 17th floor; Floor17! The hotel is ideally situated next to the Amsterdam ring road, with a perfect connection to Schiphol International Airport as well as Amsterdam city centre.All of the meeting rooms have natural daylight and a magnificent view; 5 Sky Lounges on the top floor (18th floor) and 3 meeting rooms on the ground floor.The newest hotspot in town is Skybar Floor17! Richard Matulessy, former Executive Chef of the well-known Amstel Hotel, is in charge of the kitchen team. Enjoy Food Entertainment on the 'highest' level, while enjoying the staggering 360-view on Amsterdam and surroundings. An open kitchen, trendy staff and good music are the perfect combination for a great night out. Drink - Dance - Dine on Friday and Saturday night with DJ's, drinks and bites; the ideal start of your weekend! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.