“Ramada - April 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Ramada - April 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I can say that Ramada Apollo Amsterdam is very "hot" hotel! Many people say, that is too far away from the centre, I can only say, that tram 13 is driving so often that I didn't have problem with that (Actually u see many other places (streets) when u drive with tram). :)

Hotel is modern, staff is really very friendly, restaurant on 17 floor is amazing, the view is amazing, rooms are nice. Many people speak about soft beds - I can agree about that. They are really (too)soft, but after 1-2 day, u get used to it, hehehe.

Breakfast at 17 floor is expensive and not so much choice what u can eat, but anyway, u are not hungry.

The only minus is ladies that clean the rooms. They didn't forgot to empty the garbage under the table, but they often forgot to empty in the bathroom. Also the cleaning the floor was not so good. So big minus is cleaning in the hotel, I hope that they will improve that service.

Next time again in Ramada Apollo Amsterdam :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear RokyLj,

Thank you so much for your nice review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and had a good time in the city of Amsterdam.

With regards to the breakfast I can inform you that we offer breakfast for €12.50 instead of €17.50 when you book it upon arrival at the reception for your entire stay.

The points you make regarding the cleanliness of your room are valid and are in contrast with the level of service you may expect from us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will share your remarks in our housekeeping team and will take steps to make improvements.

Thank you for choosing our hotel! It’s great to read that you will return! That’s the biggest compliment we can get!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Clean rooms, ironing board in room, tram outside. Gym had concept 2 model e rowing machines which was great. Breakfast was ok...a bit thin on choice but had a good view. I ate boiled eggs. Shampoo in shower fron dispenser. My choice for a hotel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear edusbal,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is not a 4 star.

When we arrived at the airport we waited for at least an hour before the shuttle bus turned up - having not turned up the first time it was supposed to. It only carried 8 people, which we filled, but the driver insisted on squishing another man on to the bus, therefore, one row could not use their seat belts. We complained when we arrived at the hotel but the receptionist basically just stared at us and did not apologise.

Except Celesta, all the reception staff were ridiculously rude, especially Jurgen. I have actually never seen such bad customer service before.

The rooms were small but were clean and had nice decor. We had no water or fridge, yet other rooms of the same type did and our safe didn't work. They don't provide any shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc and we only had a small bar of soap as the bottle of hand soap had ran out. The bed was comfy but the pillows are the size of overstuffed cushions. The bar is very overpriced, the food is average.

I can now see why we managed to get this hotel at a discount. We were a party of 15 and i can safely say none of us will be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Main0521,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

I would encourage you to write directly to me to expand on exactly what the problem was that you experienced when dealing with my staff. I can guarantee you that our management style is nowhere near "bad customer service" or " ridiculously rude". My team is dedicated to a superior service culture so I apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced.

It is correct that our shuttle carries 8 people, it is a complimentary service from the airport to the hotel and runs every 40 minutes.

In our bathroom we do provide shampoo and shower gel. Upon request we also have conditioner available.

I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend after extending a trip after having attended a medical conference. Staff were really nice and helpful, right from the driver (George) of the free shuttle bus from the airport, to the reception staff and the cleaners. Rooms were really modern and I was highly impressed by their tech- TV screen with a nice welcome message, hotel video, Amsterdam sights and sounds and an excellent free high speed internet connection and a fantastic range of free TV channels including all the terrestrial UK channels (BCC1,2, ITV). Requested a room above the fourteenth floor for the view and on arrival it had all been taken care of. They even let me check out late at 4pm without any charge as my flight was late. Easy to get to the city centre on tram 13.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 14th floor or above- for a nice view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Imre H, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear DrFL,

"Superb hotel with really friendly helpful staff and great facilities!” what a great start for a review!

We always try to make every stay a memorable stay! I am so happy to read you are very impressed with the hotel and the staff!

The Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre Team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back during on one of your next trips to Amsterdam.

Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Ramada with friends who came over from China. Service was great, with very friendly staff at the breakfat buffet (we didn't have dinner at the Ramada). The restaurant is on the 17th floor, so the view is stunning! We asked for an extra bed in the room for our daughter, which was no problem. Transportation to the center of Amsterdam is easy. Tram 13 will bring you there in 10-15 minutes. We highly reccomend the Ramada in Amsterdam!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear OttoF,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay in the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre.

Thank you for choosing our hotel! It’s great to read that you highly recommend our hotel, that’s a big compliment for us!

Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked hotel on Hotwire and prepaid room with them. Every night, I got my card authorized for one night stay. At checkout, I gave my Dutch card and they charged it and the front desk said it did not go through so they charged it again; I looked with my bank and both went through. I told front desk I prepaid on Hotwire and was shocked to be double charges. He confidentially said I did not prepay room. He confidently said my card did not went through even though I saw accepted on the pin paid. A rip off. Young travelers, a quadruple charge on your cards will ruin your entire budget. Stay away. I call management and they are confident they did not charge me more than once. Over confident management who don't care about customers. I will fight the charges through all avenues possible.

Room had a smell to it. Location is horrible. Restaurant is overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Robert Blake,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experiences with us. You already had email contact with several of my colleagues.

I am very sorry for the trouble you experienced regarding your bill from your most recent stay. As you know from your previous stays, this is not the norm at our hotel and I’m extremely sorry for both the billing error and the inconvenience this has caused you as a result. This is not the level of service that we try to offer, so I appreciate your feedback so I know what areas of improvement we have to work on.

From what I understand, our receptionist has returned the money to you and has straightened things out and at the time, apologized to you for the inconvenience as well as the error on the hotel’s part. Please understand that overcharging you was not done intentionally.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future when we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Due to heavy wind i missed my connection home at night. Instead i speent a night at Ramada in a Nice corner Rome. Comfortabele bed. The wi-fi isn't to good. The view from the breakfast room is marvellous. Even though the reason for my stay was inwanted, i could recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear LarsD,

Thank you so much for your kind words on Tripadvisor!

I can imagine it is not nice when your flight has been cancelled. Fortunately you did enjoy your stay with us!

I am very happy that you recommend the Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre and hope to welcome you back in the near future for a longer stay.

Hotel Manager

Been to Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!