We were visiting Amsterdam to see the nearby museums, having done most of the other attractions during previous visits. This hotel was very well located for the museum area, all probably within a 5-8 minute walk.
As mentioned by previous reviewers, the hotel is in a quiet street parallel to the upmarket shopping street and the main route past the museums. The staff were very professional and helpful upon check-in and for any further requests. The public areas are great and the honesty bar an added bonus.
We stayed in a basement room and although nicely furnished, it was a bit claustrophobic. At times a whiff of sewage was detectable.
I would not stay here again but there are many good points, and maybe we were just unlucky with our room. I would recommend potential visitors to ask for a room above ground floor level.
Tips: 1. Get your tickets for the Van Gogh museum beforehand. It gets you in much quicker. The hotel can help with this.
2. For the Rijksmuseum it helps a bit to have a ticket beforehand but everybody has to join one of the long lines.
3. Check the different hotel websites when you book, although the site we used appeared to be £5 more expensive per night, it included breakfast which was about 20 Euro per person. The breakfast at this hotel is very good.
4. Bus 197 leaves right outside the airport for those arriving by air and stops within a block of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel JL No76 is located in two 18th-century mansions in the heart of Amsterdam, right in the middle of the museum & fashion district. Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Concert Hall and its two sister hotels, Hotel Vondel and Hotel Roemer are a stone's throw away. Hotel JL No76 has 39 luxurious rooms, a lounge, honesty bar, restaurant and a private inner garden. The honesty bar allows guests to make or serve a drink or bite at any convenient time. The hotel is decorated in boutique style with the use of high quality materials and has a large collection of art on display. Barbara Broekman, a well-known Dutch artist, has designed a special range of wallpaper for each of the 39 rooms. This wallpaper is based on details enlargement of originally embroidered artworks. The rooms are decorated in 5 ambiances and are equipped with modern facilities like free use of iPad, wireless internet, iPod dock station, Nespresso coffee machine, Flat Screen TV, DVD player and DVD library. All executive rooms have a Jacuzzi with built-in TVs. The comfortable COCO-MAT beds in all rooms ensure a relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Despegar.com, Otel, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel JL No76 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.