“Good Vietnamese restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Borough London
“Good Vietnamese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited Xinh with cilleagues and enjoyed some very fresh and tasty Vietnamese cuisine. The highlights were the summer rolls and the beef pho. The service was a bit slow as they only had one waitress with about 30 covers.
The big negative was the restaurant only accepted Maestro and not Visa which is a big issue for most business diners.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, IL
“Good place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner at Xinh. I thought it was a bit expensive for the flavors, however good portion side and great service. I got the beef broken noodles (i think) and thought it just didn't have much flavor. I typically think Thai is a better choice for me compared to Vietnamese, but I think this place is worth going

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food was fresh, flavourful and fantastic. The atmosphere is modern and comfortable. The staff are super friendly and efficient. There numerous choices on the menu for our family. The taster menu was a super way to enjoy the complexity and variety of the subtle flavours used. Loved it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gothenburg, Sweden
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very cozy place in the nicest area of dam. Very good service. Very expensive, but as to be expected from bit more upscale Viet restaurant.
But the food simply didn't cut it. I've had Vietnamese food in Gothenburg, Berlin, KL, CPH, Shanghai, Melbourne and lots of other places and I think that this place is taste wise at the bottom end. The "Pho" had cheap cuts of meat and the noodle salad didn't have enough ingredients in them (no carrots etc), it was just too basic for the price asked. We spent about 120 EUR for 2 adults (Pho and meat on skewers with noodles) and 2 kids (shared one portion of curry), 2 vietnamese Mohitos (skip them, the viet booze tastes rubbish), 4 cokes and 2 kids Mohitos (no alcohol). We also had 2 portions of Nem (spring rolls) and a portion of a mango salad as starters. The food was ok, but still we were a bit disappointed, Vietnamese food being both me and my wife's favorite cousine.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Still tasty! Glad I came back for more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Xinh shortly after its opening and it was great.
This time I was in Amsterdam with my mother. She likes to try new things but she isn't super adventuous when it comes to food.
But she loved Xinh. I'm so glad we went everything was yummy!
We had the lumpia I had the veggie and she had the chicken and shrimp. Then we shared the crepe... SO GOOD!
We left feeling satisfied and not stuffed. Everything tasted so fresh and flavorful.
The wine was good too!