“Off the beaten path” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #109 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Wonderful quiet hotel south of the city center. Between the Beethoven and Cornelius shopping areas/streets. Good wifi. Rentable bikes (first come first serve, and I they do run out). Beds were comfortable. Good sized and clean room. Nice water pressure. Breakfast was continental with substance. Staff was friendly. The hotel sits on Appollolaan which is nice to walk.

The staffs walking directions were consistently lacking and time estimated consistently wrong, they were trying though.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Addis Ababa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second stay at Bilderberg and while our previous stay was quite enjoyable, the staff seemed to be off their game this past stay. A renovation project of the restaurant created extremely unpleasant noise in the lobby and a sizeable number of the rooms. The staff seemed a bit frazzled by the noise and unprepared to handle guest complaints. They eventually found rooms away from the noise but it took a lot of pushing on our part to get to a workable resolution. Overall the hotel is good. The location is wonderful and the rooms are pleasant. I wish we had known about the renovation prior. We would have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We chose to stay here because of the favorable reviews and great price. And for the most part, we were not disappointed by our experience. The room was spacious and front desk staff excellent (I was given a glass of champagne upon my arrival!). My only qualm was the awkward exchange my boyfriend and I had with a member of the cleaning staff.

Based on my boyfriend's account of the event, it was very obvious he was being followed by one of the cleaning ladies from the moment he stepped out of the elevator. She continued to follow him until he reached our room door. She proceeded to wait behind him until I opened the door and non-discretely looked inside to see who he was meeting with. As a guest of the hotel, I found this behavior to be inappropriate and disrespectful on many levels. I understand that hotel employees have a responsibility to be vigilant about suspicious activities, which I have no issues with. What I do have an issue with is the level of unwarranted prying that we experienced yesterday. I genuinely appreciate how hard the hotel staff worked to make our stay comfortable, but I cannot say I would recommend other guests to stay here based on my own experience alone.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were woken very early by heavy building work which we were not previously told about. The air con barely changed the room temperature and the room was like a sauna! the fridges are from the 1980's and also barely chilled anything. When we were moved room the fridge didn't work at all. I asked for some chilled bottled water but was given a jug of tap water. Service is generally good but unfortunately the other factors ruined the stay.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business

Ribeirao Preto, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Wonderful hotel for those are looking a peaceful and romantic place. They have a very good service. The hotel it's a little bit far from city center, but in Amsterdam they have good public transportation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
The Hague
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When I have requested a double bed as a special request, however when I entered my room, I had a twin bed. And when I went to the receprion, I was told by the staff member that there were too many request for double beds, therefore we could not fulfil your request. However, when I made the request, there was nowhere mentioning that the special request cannot always be implemented. I was very disappointed. I had higher expectations from the hotel, as it costs a lot of money.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from a four day city break and so glad we stayed at this hotel. Every single member of staff that we encountered made sure that nothing was too much trouble for them and all done with a lovely smile. Check in was effortless. The room was spotless with everything you would need for a short stay. The fresh apples on offer was a lovely quirky touch. Breakfast is superb with a great selection of delicious cereals, breads, cheeses, cold meats and hot food too. Their restaurant is currently being refurbished so it was nice to see Dutch resourcefulness turning a meeting room into a lovely space for breakfast. Checkout again was so nice and helpful. I would not want to stay anywhere else if I was to return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Been to Bilderberg Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!