“Quite & relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #115 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Moscow, Russia
“Quite & relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel has an excellent and quite location, ideal environment, helpful personnel. The breakfast is abundant. The only recommendation could be to enlarge the offer of TV programs, including a wider choice of programs and languages, including Russian, French, Italian and Spanish.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked this hotel after staying at a three star which was terrible. The hotel looks good on the outside, in the inside it's clean but very average. Our room wasn't cleaned despite us asking for it to be. Also my credit card was stolen from my room, I know I should have used the safe but I was in a rush and thought it would be safe in a five star hotel. Also management were rude and unhelpful, I wasted half my holiday reporting it to the police. I still haven't been refunded the insurance fee yet.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the hotel over Easter 2015 and we both LOVED it. 4 nights later we also stayed at Krasnopolsky hotel, so we had something else in Amsterdam to compare with. The staff is THE friendliest ever. The hotel is 15 mins drive from the airport and is very close to tram stop. 2-3 stops by train and we found ourselves in the Museums area, near markets and what not. We rented a car, so parking could be an issue. In the centre of Amsterdam parking is Euros 50 per day!! However, this hotel had plenty of parking space around it, and the cost was something around Euros 20. Have to mention that the staff took care of the payments themselves, so we didn't have to worry about any of it. I was very impressed with the staff easily switching between some 4 different languages with their guests. The hotel is not overly big, but nicely renovated, the lobby is stunning, multiple vases with heaps of fresh roses. We were offered a room at 9am, and gosh we appreciated it after a trip from Sydney! The room was not big, but very modern (except for bathroom, perhaps), very clean, cozy, smartly furnished, had free wifi, nespresso machine. We actually had a problem with the Nespresso machine. The problem lasted for 3 minutes. It was replaced immediately after we called the reception. Bathrooms could be updated, but wer clean and equipped with Villeroy & Bosch. There were vases with Granny Smith apples (which happen to be my favourite) all around the hotel, and they were replaced immediately after I snatched 1 (or 2) :)!! To top it up, the mini bar turned out to be included in the standard price of the room, and was plentiful, including wine and Heineken (of course). It is not a grand hotel, but I would stay there again and again, as it is cozy, friendly and very-very nice. I travel regularly, and often don't bother writing a review, but this hotel made me feel at home, and I had to reciprocate! PS NO construction works detected in or around hotel in early April 2015! )

Dawlish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our second visit. The level of friendly service had not changed since last year . Nothing was too much trouble - all staff fell over themselves to assist with any need. The room was excellent - although we could have done with more wardrobe and storage space. Our stay was just 4 days - if you were staying for a week or more you would have to keep underwear etc in the suitcase.

The only blot on an otherwise perfect Hotel was the breakfast . Not what one would expect from a 5 star . Cold rubbery scrambled egg . Scraggy bits of bacon small sausages. Not exactly a fry up. We went out to eat after the first night. But I suppose you cannot have everything . Recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We found the hotel much to our liking and really had only one problem. We booked in for six nights and had the set menu the first evening the quality of which was excellent. We returned the next night to find the same set menu so ate from the very small selection of A La Carte the quality of which was again excellent. However on enquiring of the offering for the next night we were told the menus would remain the same for the whole of our stay. Accordingly we ate out of the hotel for the remainder of our stay. The menu offerings are fine if you are staying only two nights but any longer and it is far too small.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had high hope for this hotel due to the online reviews and the high price ($185 with tax). Way too overpriced for what it had to offer, really. So I booked a king bed room for my honeymoon adventure. I arrived the hotel, entryway was under construction and then I felt like this was more of a business hotel. I checked in and was told that my room has two twin bed and if I could accept two twin beds pushed together to be a big bed. After showing the staff what I booked (a king bed), we still got what it's obviously a queen bed room. Decor is old, like walking in a 70s hotel besides the lobby. I booked it for two nights so I had to suck it up and calmed my wife down the whole time while she got waken up by the construction outside in the early morning.

Location is not convenient assuming most hotels that charge over $170 a night are fairly close to the tram. There is also nothing open for us to get dinner/food after 10 in this neighborhood.

Next it's the food, I didn't go to the super fancy restaurant on the first floor. I ordered room service, one pizza and one burger $35 total. They are simply not good and very disappointing/gross.

Staff service: one good thing is that we got a free nice bottle for our honeymoon. However, they never acknowledged our existence when we were coming in and out of the hotel with "hi", not even eye contact or a smile. That made us feel like we were not good/business/rich enough to stay in this hotel?!

Room cleanness and complimentary items: I stayed two nights so I paid for two nights. The second day, I had requested to have my room made. My wife is very clean and detailed oriented so she noticed the floor wasn't cleaned/vacuumed. And the hotel just left the complimentary tea tray and complementary water empty...Again, I paid for two nights, not that I need the complementary items, but I did pay for two nights plus some ridiculous $35 TAX and fees when checking out. When you go to Amsterdam, paying $185 a night to stay in a room with no view and construction work going on below your window without any complimentary items in the room the second day and your room cleaned thoroughly, you will leave a very long and negative review like mine. I moved on a different hotel in a much more convenient location across from the park. Stayed at the penthouse suite to make it up for my wife. I paid $155 with $7 tax and fees and ate at screaming beans at 1030pm, wonderful. Stay away from this Garden Hotel, disappointing and snobby.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EdJongen, General Manager at Bilderberg Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Robin M.,

Firstly we would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experiences during your stay in our hotel with us. Comments from our guests, both positive as well as negative, are very important to us because they enable us to optimise our service.
We are sorry to hear that your experience in our hotel was not up to your expectations.
We would like to get in touch directly with you to solve this matter. Please contact us at the following email address: garden.fomanager@bilderberg.nl

Best regards,

Ed W. M. Jongen
Paramaribo, Suriname
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for one night and was very disappiointed. The room was nice but the hotel itself was old although updated. I did not like the fact that I could hear the person above e urinating. That is a big no in my books. Room service was ok. I never did receive my 6 am wake-up call and called to confirmed my taxi had been ordered. It had not! Although nice staff, not efficient. The bathroom in room 115 had a cracked wall tille that was simply put back in place not fixed. Clean but not worthy of 4 stars at all. Locations io far from center. I come to Amsterdam a lot but will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Not floor 1 facing road