“Comfy and paeaceful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #97 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Greenock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Comfy and paeaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is very nice...located in a street and very quiet area.
The furnishings and style of the hotel are very pleasant on the eye.
The bar, restaurant have very good service and great choice.

Really liked the room and it was very clean and tidy. Room smelled fresh and clean and the bed was very comfy. Fantastic nights sleep and not disturbed once.

This is a very nice hotel with great service and overall it was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Very nice hotel. Stayed here to attend a conference at the Hilton next door. Very convenient. Cozy, comfortable, really enjoyed fireplace in the lobby, friendly staff, comfortable beds and great breakfast. Easy walk to the tram - quiet neighborhood but if you like to walk - not far from fun neighborhoods.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived at 6:30am just to drop my bags off as I thought I wouldn't be able to check in to 2pm, once I got there the service was amazing and they found a room ready for me to take straight away.
From the moment i walked in this place was great, it was clean, rooms were large, bed was comfy, free WiFi, mini bar, room service and the breakfast is well worth the extra money. I would stay here again next time I am in Amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great atmosphere due to unusually good hotel staff. 5 star, a little jaded but big room with an excellent huge bed, quiet location, great sleep and plenty of good places to eat and drink nearby. Great value deals available.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed our stay while we were there: quiet location, great staff, excellent restaurant and handy to tram stations but was not aware at time of booking that dogs are also allowed to stay at the hotel and I picked up the spores of ringworm on my leg. These proved disfiguring, embarrassing and hard to clear up for the remainder of my European holiday. Not impressed and probably will not return to a hotel that allows dogs onto the premises.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this hotel only because we needed somewhere to stay for New Year's Eve in Amsterdam. All the central hotels had been booked up or were charging silly prices for their remaining rooms.

The hotel is located in an upmarket residential area of Amsterdam's suburbs and about 20mins on the tram out of the centre. This isn't an issue normally with the city's excellent tram system - trams run every 10 mins. However on NYE they stopped running at 8pm which came as a surprise and meant €30 each way by taxi. There are a number of good restaurants close by so no need to eat in the hotel. The hotel is one tram stop from the fantastic museums that Amsterdam is famous for.

We were quite happy with the room - good size and well appointed. We were there for two nights and were disappointed by the cleaning staff. There was no replenishment of the coffee pods for the coffee machine and for some reason one of the bath towels had been taken away but not replaced. We didn't notice this until 7am the next morning when getting ready to leave so couldn't call housekeeping for a replacement.

Another plus for the hotel is reception sell the 24/48 hour tram tickets, allowing you to utilise the trams immediately. However, to our surprise they don't offer a bureau de change which caught us out on NYE as we arrived late and nowhere else was open. There is a high charge of €25 for Internet access for every 24hr period - these charges are becoming unacceptable to my mind. A hotel of this calibre should be providing wireless connections as part of the overall package and not levying additional charges for something that is ubiquitous in the 21st century.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall:
Okay hotel, but I expected a lot more given the price and the 5-star rating.
For every point (cleanliness, personnel, food, room), what we got was good (nice enough), but we expected more for the price and star rating.

We had a “cheap” room via booking.com (about 90 euros + 35 euros for breakfast, 1 night). For Amsterdam this not an outrageous amount of money, but it is definitely not the cheapest hotel either. We deliberately chose for the luxurious hotel (at least, that’s what we expected), because we really wanted to be pampered for a weekend. This is not what we experienced here. I can’t say we had a bad experience, but I would not recommend the hotel either, because I think value for money was not great (especially if you would pay the normal price).

Location:
Okay. Seemed to be a safe neighborhood.
Valet parking was available, (charged after stay, we came by public transport so don’t know the exact price). Public in about 5 minute walking distance. In about 15 – 20 minutes you can reach most main attractions and shopping areas. Personally, I liked the fact that we were in a quit neighborhood but close enough to the city center.

Cleanliness:
Okay. We saw several cleaning ladies while we were there, so they do make an effort. The bathroom seemed clean. However, the carpet was full of hairs (short blonde hairs, which cannot be ours, almost like dog’s hair). This is something I can easily ignore in a cheap hotel, but I don’t like it in an expensive hotel.
The hotel looks nice enough, but could use a renovation.

Personnel:
Personnel was friendly enough, although again I thought some behaviours were not very professional. For instance, when we went back to the reception desk for the third time (first we were sent to the wrong room (no twin bed), then the key card for our new room did not work), a girl was complaining to her colleague about the hard work). Also, some people seemed a bit snappy, but maybe that is just the Amsterdam accent.
Again, I have no real complaints, most people were nice enough, and I would have been very happy with the personal in a 3-star hotel, but I expected more in this hotel.

Food:
We only had a drink in the bar and breakfast in the morning. Drink: okay wine (price was ok too, a bit expensive but I’ve never been to a hotel with cheap drinks).
Breakfast: again: expected more. I think it was a good breakfast, they had some choice (different types of bread, cheeses and sliced meats), some hot food (scrambled eggs, tomato, sausage, mushroom), some sweet breads (croissant, chocolate bun), some sweet spreads (jam, honey), yoghurt, fresh fruit (3 kinds: melon, pineapple, grape) and a choice of coffees. There was some juice but it did not seem to be fresh. The quality of the products they had was good. However, for the price, I would have expected more (17.50 per person for breakfast is quit pricy), and I have had better breakfast in other hotels in the past.

Room:
The beds were great. Not too soft, not too hard, large bed. The only downside was that it was quite hot (even with the airconditioning all the way up). Bathroom with bath (normal sized). Shampoo, bodylotion, douche cream, bar of soap, vanity pack available. Normal towels.
A nice touch was that when we came back at night, the tv was on a radio channel with classical musing, very relaxing. Rooms all in all were ok, a bit small though.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Bilderberg Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!