“Great hotel in good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #99 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've rated this as 4 because the WiFi was not included in the cost of the stay. Everything else was very good. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Room was very spacious and cleaned and stocks of water and apples were replenished every day.

Hotel is a bit of a distance from the centre but very close to the museums. We walked everywhere and took in all the sights. If you dont' like being in the centre of the hustle and bustle of a city this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
High Peak UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very good hotel the staff are exceptional from the reception staff to the friendly bar man to the maids etc... Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Not much around the area as quite residential but only a 20 min walk to the Rai centre which is a pleasant walk too.
The rooms are very large and bathrooms are great with robes and slippers and many many products etc..

Will use this hotel again next year definitely!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Tetbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Chose this hotel as it was near our son's flat. Check in very quick and efficient. De luxe double room was excellent as was the large bed.
Did not use the restaurant so unable to comment.
Hotel it well situated and although a bit away from the centre, one can walk to the museum centre in 15 mins.
Really enjoyed our stay, would def stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I found this hotel to be ok but not amazing, especially for the high cost of the room. I was shocked at the cost of breakfast and wifi (why isn't wifi free?).

Something that greatly annoyed me was that when I arrived the person behind me (who was wearing a suit) was allowed to check in whilst I (who wasn't in business attire at the time) was made to wait till after 3pm.

The rooms were clean but basic and I could hear the room. Not sure how this hotel managed to get five stars.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very impressed by the service from Nicole and her colleagues in the restaurant. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and excellent value for money.

Service in the small bar was friendly and efficient. The Bilderburger is excellent.

My room was impeccably clean and well appointed - complimentary water and quality toiletries all nice touches. Overall, a lack of pretentiousness and good attention to the essentials!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Chudleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There is much to like about this hotel - in chief it's an inoffensive, smart hotel, albeit very generic if not even a touch bland.
Our deluxe room was spacious & well-equipped, and the restaurant & bar area were pleasant .....
Staff & service was pretty good too.
Niggles were a few too many; we checked if breakfast was included in our pre-paid rate & were told 'yes', but were told 'no' on departure - we argued the point & didn't pay as €17.50 pp per day was a significant amount. Make sure you check before eating!
Wifi had to be paid for - this in itself is quite unusual in Amsterdam - & at €10 per 12 hours wasn't cheap.
The worst thing though was that our deluxe room - 1122 - was directly opposite a service room & we were woken up at 6:30 but loud talking & banging around as cages of laundry were moved around. We later complained & this was dealt with pretty well, but really the set-up means other people will be similarly affected in the future.
The location of the hotel is ok, but not great - it's a fair walk to even the Museumplein, so the main part of the city would be too far for many. The nearest trams are around a 5 to 10 minute walk away.....
So in summary, a pretty good hotel but not perfect - if you can get a well-priced deal then it's worth considering, but similarly priced, quirkier, more central hotels are available.
Make sure you avoid rooms 1121 & 1122 though!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Madinat Abqaiq, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In general the facility is just fine and below is my comments.

Check-In: I've arrived to the hotel around 1:00 PM and just came to know that the check-in time is 3:00 PM. I've asked if it's possible to check-in before 3 since I was very tired and exhausted, the receptionist direct answer was NO sorry we don't have room available. 15 minutes later, I went to check with other receptionist and he just checked me in. Very strange behaviour from the receptionist !!!

Ironing Facility: the room should be equipped with an Iron and Iron desk per my room reservation. Unfortunately, it wasn't available in the room. I requested the reception to provide the iron but unfortunately all irons are not available and I have to wait to get one per the receptionist feedback. I had to wait for around one hour to get the iron !!!

Early Check-Out: I've booked an executive room for 7 nights and room rate offer was non-refundable. For some urgent matters back home, I had to leave Amsterdam two days earlier. I had talked to the receptionists to consider my situation and if possible refund the remaining two nights. The receptionist direct reply was I can do nothing for you, your booking is non-refundable and it's your problem if you have to leave earlier. That was very rude, all of us know what does non-refundable mean but he still could handle the situation in a better professional way.

Check-Out: as normal check out procedure, the receptionist will ask if use anything from the minbar. I've stated what I used but unfortunately the receptionist had added more items to my bill. When I questioned the extra items, the receptionist claimed this what they got from the rooms service. After that, they start questioning me if I'm 100 % sure about the staff that I had stated. That was non-professional at all.

looking at the room value, I would consider other options in the future. The hotel is around 45 m walking to the city center and 20 m by the tram.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Bilderberg Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!