“nice hotel conventient for tramline” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #111 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Lockerbie
“nice hotel conventient for tramline”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Don't believe previous negative reviews. Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July. Reception staff were efficient and spoke good English when checking in. Deposit of €50 per night is a bit over the top to cover minibar and breakfasts. Room was comfortable and nice. The bathroom is spacious and well stocked with toiletries. Room had a minivan and large flat screen tv with plenty of tv channels. Never used internet as WiFi was way to expensive. Restaurant was closed when we were there so can't comment. The hotel was very convenient for the trams as it was only a 5 minute saunter away. The bar was very quiet but nice. We had breakfast at a small cafe at the next tram stop after Apollolaanl called The Pain Quotoidien, organic good and reasonable price. Ordered a taxi for the return journey to the airport, we were quoted €38 but charged €45 but must have been Michael Schumachers brother driving as we were there in 10 minutes. All in all a good and convenient hotel for transport.

Room Tip: All rooms are A+++++
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
EdJongen, General Manager at Bilderberg Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us following your stay in July and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Please be assure that your review will be shared with the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Holland.

Ed W. M. Jongen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brixham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Have just spent three nights at the Bilderberg as part of a hotel/flight package, with friends, celebrating a wedding anniversary. The Executive room was excellent, totally quiet, really comfortable beds, a/c, mini-bar, English T/V cannels, brilliant bathroom with spa-bath. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Did not dine in as restaurant temporarily out of use but used excellent restaurants within walking distance, recommended by hotel staff. Also breakfasted in a nearbye café. Hotel looks nothing special due to its exterior design but is very good. Situated in a pleasant, quiet residential area, 10min tram ride from centre, with tram stop nearbye. Hotel arranged taxi for return to airport, which was 12 euros cheaper than I had paid on arrival. Another plus. This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Room Tip: I only have experience of an Executive room, which was excellent in every way.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Patrick,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I am glad to read you enjoyed our luxurious Executive rooms. I also take this opportunity to thank you for recommending us to others.

Hopefully we may welcome you back on your next anniversary.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just came back from the Netherlands after a weekend birthday break with my wife and I would like to say the Bilderberg Hotel is a very nice hotel however here are the Pro and Cons

Pros :

Very nice, posh quiet location
Friendly and helpful staff (especially Rianne she is amazing and very helpful and always ready to help. The same goes for the rest of the staff, I cannot fault them at all)
Nice restaurant and bar area
Good transport links, you can get a train direct from the Airport and drop off in walking distance of the hotel
Shops and restaurants nearby
Ample Car Parking space
Very comfortable beds and clean bathrooms
Plenty of TV channels (English that is)
Very close to the museums (Van Gogh/Diamond)

Cons:

WiFi is not free (17Euros per day)
Not really city central location but this is a very minor issue

Room Tip: Get one of the Exec rooms
Dear guest,

How nice that you have celebrated your birthday with us! I would like to thank you for writing this review and hope to welcome you back another time.

Warm regards,

Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed for a night at this hotel with family when I visited Amsterdam last week. I travel a lot as part of my job and I have to say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed so far. Staff is super friendly and helpful and the hotel room is kept very clean with nice comfy beds. The locality around the hotel is so beautiful as well and has good access to tram service. Our family really enjoyed the stay here and I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
Pramod

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pramod,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Bilderberg Garden Hotel.

I am delighted that you liked all aspects of your stay from the location itself to the staff. It is rewarding to hear that you received customer service throughout your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the beautiful city Amsterdam.

London England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Booked a combined flight and hotel deal and this hotel was cheapest 5 star on offer. Dosnt look much from the outside and not as central as other hotels but nice place for the price. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Van Gough museum and similar for Vondelpark. Plenty of tram options 5 mins away if you want to get into town. We upgraded to an Executive room and aside from a better room you get free wifi too. Nice breakfast, big bed, air con that worked and a decent bath room. Nice part of town too and gets you looking at different stuff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room if the price is right
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our Executive rooms and our breakfast.

It will be my honour to welcome you back at the Bilderberg Garden Hotel next time!

Warm regards,

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The name made it sound like an ideal stop for us. We looked at the pictures and thought we would give it a try. On arrival the "red carpet" could have had a vacuum cleaner on it? The staff were friendly once inside the hotel and so all seemed fine and dandy. we got to our room and settled in after our travel. So decided to explore the room. the Bathroom was fantastic the shower and a bath is a welcome sight as they either have one or the other nowadays. The bed was spacious and comfortable. the two chairs in the room were very ordinary considering the star rating. they were a little uncomfortable after a while so tended to sit on the bed when we felt like relaxing. "The mini bar" We found the previous tennants food remains inside the fridgeand so called reception who promptly came and removed everything. Why was this not done before the room was made ready? We decided to go for the breakfast option on booking and found this to be a good option the food was varied and so we had a little of everything each day. as for the name the bilderberg garden? Where were the gardens? Outside the reception was a patio area for smokers and you could have drinks served out there but apart from the overgrown shrubbery there seemed to be no garden? The restaurant for evening meals had the same set menu every day and rather expensive. for a high rated hotel this was a little disappointing, we opted for the Amsterdam fair in cafes and bars throughout our stay. The lounge bar was very nice the staff behind the bar made our visits feel a little special as they talked to us and seemed interested in our trip. Overall would say that it is an accomodating hotel for a short stay but for a holiday stay over 7 nights got a little tedious as there were no facilities nearby.

Room Tip: we stayed in the double room which was spacious. the chairs could have been a little comfier though.
Dear Drew,

Thank for having taken the time to post a review for us.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our friendly staff members. Your comments will be discussed with our Housekeeping and Minibar departments and I do apologize for this matter.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

DO. NOT. STAY. HERE.
I repeat DO NOT stay here. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days and at first every thing seemed fine. On day 3 of my visit everything went downhill. I came back to my room at about 4pm and the maid was still cleaning the room. She explained that she had thought we were switching rooms to the executive level. This was a reasonable misunderstanding as we had just informed the desk that we were planning on staying where we were. They must've not told her.
Anyway, the maid finished cleaning(she only had the bathroom left) and left the room. A few minutes later I noticed my phone charger was missing. I had left it plugged next to the lamp but just to make sure I did not misplace it, I checked all my bags and drawers. No charger found. I called the front desk, explained the situation, and asked to have the maid who cleaned my room sent to speak to me. They said okay and after 10 minutes of waiting, no maid showed up. I then called the desk AGAIN and then waited another 5 minutes for someone to show up. The lady who was sent to my room was someone completely different from housekeeping. I explained the situation to her and asked that the maid who cleaned my room be sent to speak me. She agreed to send her and left. I waited for about 5 minutes and then got a knock on my door. It was the SAME housekeeping lady from before. She returned my charger and said the maid who cleaned my room claims that since we were supposed to be switching rooms, she thought I had accidentally left my charger behind. My question to this hotel is WHY would I leave my suitcase with all my clothes, my backpack, and all my toiletries in the room and "forget" my charger?! CLEARLY I hadn't taken any of my stuff from this room so why would you ASSUME I "forgot" my charger?!
At this point I obviously knew I was being lied too. The maid who cleaned my room couldn't even come and tell me this awful excuse herself. Livid at this point I went to the main desk to complain. From a so called "first class" hotel I was expecting AT LEAST an apology. What did I get? MORE LIES. The reception is told me that the maids excuse makes sense because the hotel has chargers that they give out to people and that the maid probably believed that it was one of the hotels chargers. To this I immediately knew it was a lie. The charger I have is from the USA. Europe has a completely different outlet from the USA. WHY would a hotel in AMSTERDAM be giving out chargers that only work in the USA?! I highly doubt that they buy American plugs and stick European adapters on them!

Had I not come back to my room early on this day, the maid could have gotten off work and left with my belongings.

Long story short(kind of), DO NOT stay at this hotel. They will say anything to you in order to save their butts. You will get lied too when things go wrong and you will not get an apology. Save yourself the trouble and stay far away from the bilderberg.

• Stayed July 2014
EdJongen, General Manager at Bilderberg Garden Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,
I have red your remarks and to me it is not acceptable that this incident happened in your room. What is even worse is that no one apologized for this incident. I would like to sincerely apologize for this incident. I have contacted the cleaning company and you can be rest assured that we will take disciplinary action, since there is no reason to remove the charger. I have also addressed the issue with the front office staff to avoid reoccurrence in the future. I regret very much that you had this experience. Could you please mail me your email, so I can write to you personally, my direct mail is ejongen@bilderberg.nl
Kind Regards,
Ed Jongen

Been to Bilderberg Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!