“The only honest review you will need to read.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bilderberg Garden Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bilderberg Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Bilderberg Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dijsselhofplantsoen 7, 1077 BJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #91 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“The only honest review you will need to read.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just came back from the Netherlands after a weekend birthday break with my wife and I would like to say the Bilderberg Hotel is a very nice hotel however here are the Pro and Cons

Pros :

Very nice, posh quiet location
Friendly and helpful staff (especially Rianne she is amazing and very helpful and always ready to help. The same goes for the rest of the staff, I cannot fault them at all)
Nice restaurant and bar area
Good transport links, you can get a train direct from the Airport and drop off in walking distance of the hotel
Shops and restaurants nearby
Ample Car Parking space
Very comfortable beds and clean bathrooms
Plenty of TV channels (English that is)
Very close to the museums (Van Gogh/Diamond)

Cons:

WiFi is not free (17Euros per day)
Not really city central location but this is a very minor issue

Room Tip: Get one of the Exec rooms

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed for a night at this hotel with family when I visited Amsterdam last week. I travel a lot as part of my job and I have to say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed so far. Staff is super friendly and helpful and the hotel room is kept very clean with nice comfy beds. The locality around the hotel is so beautiful as well and has good access to tram service. Our family really enjoyed the stay here and I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
Pramod

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Booked a combined flight and hotel deal and this hotel was cheapest 5 star on offer. Dosnt look much from the outside and not as central as other hotels but nice place for the price. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Van Gough museum and similar for Vondelpark. Plenty of tram options 5 mins away if you want to get into town. We upgraded to an Executive room and aside from a better room you get free wifi too. Nice breakfast, big bed, air con that worked and a decent bath room. Nice part of town too and gets you looking at different stuff.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room if the price is right
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The name made it sound like an ideal stop for us. We looked at the pictures and thought we would give it a try. On arrival the "red carpet" could have had a vacuum cleaner on it? The staff were friendly once inside the hotel and so all seemed fine and dandy. we got to our room and settled in after our travel. So decided to explore the room. the Bathroom was fantastic the shower and a bath is a welcome sight as they either have one or the other nowadays. The bed was spacious and comfortable. the two chairs in the room were very ordinary considering the star rating. they were a little uncomfortable after a while so tended to sit on the bed when we felt like relaxing. "The mini bar" We found the previous tennants food remains inside the fridgeand so called reception who promptly came and removed everything. Why was this not done before the room was made ready? We decided to go for the breakfast option on booking and found this to be a good option the food was varied and so we had a little of everything each day. as for the name the bilderberg garden? Where were the gardens? Outside the reception was a patio area for smokers and you could have drinks served out there but apart from the overgrown shrubbery there seemed to be no garden? The restaurant for evening meals had the same set menu every day and rather expensive. for a high rated hotel this was a little disappointing, we opted for the Amsterdam fair in cafes and bars throughout our stay. The lounge bar was very nice the staff behind the bar made our visits feel a little special as they talked to us and seemed interested in our trip. Overall would say that it is an accomodating hotel for a short stay but for a holiday stay over 7 nights got a little tedious as there were no facilities nearby.

Room Tip: we stayed in the double room which was spacious. the chairs could have been a little comfier though.
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

DO. NOT. STAY. HERE.
I repeat DO NOT stay here. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days and at first every thing seemed fine. On day 3 of my visit everything went downhill. I came back to my room at about 4pm and the maid was still cleaning the room. She explained that she had thought we were switching rooms to the executive level. This was a reasonable misunderstanding as we had just informed the desk that we were planning on staying where we were. They must've not told her.
Anyway, the maid finished cleaning(she only had the bathroom left) and left the room. A few minutes later I noticed my phone charger was missing. I had left it plugged next to the lamp but just to make sure I did not misplace it, I checked all my bags and drawers. No charger found. I called the front desk, explained the situation, and asked to have the maid who cleaned my room sent to speak to me. They said okay and after 10 minutes of waiting, no maid showed up. I then called the desk AGAIN and then waited another 5 minutes for someone to show up. The lady who was sent to my room was someone completely different from housekeeping. I explained the situation to her and asked that the maid who cleaned my room be sent to speak me. She agreed to send her and left. I waited for about 5 minutes and then got a knock on my door. It was the SAME housekeeping lady from before. She returned my charger and said the maid who cleaned my room claims that since we were supposed to be switching rooms, she thought I had accidentally left my charger behind. My question to this hotel is WHY would I leave my suitcase with all my clothes, my backpack, and all my toiletries in the room and "forget" my charger?! CLEARLY I hadn't taken any of my stuff from this room so why would you ASSUME I "forgot" my charger?!
At this point I obviously knew I was being lied too. The maid who cleaned my room couldn't even come and tell me this awful excuse herself. Livid at this point I went to the main desk to complain. From a so called "first class" hotel I was expecting AT LEAST an apology. What did I get? MORE LIES. The reception is told me that the maids excuse makes sense because the hotel has chargers that they give out to people and that the maid probably believed that it was one of the hotels chargers. To this I immediately knew it was a lie. The charger I have is from the USA. Europe has a completely different outlet from the USA. WHY would a hotel in AMSTERDAM be giving out chargers that only work in the USA?! I highly doubt that they buy American plugs and stick European adapters on them!

Had I not come back to my room early on this day, the maid could have gotten off work and left with my belongings.

Long story short(kind of), DO NOT stay at this hotel. They will say anything to you in order to save their butts. You will get lied too when things go wrong and you will not get an apology. Save yourself the trouble and stay far away from the bilderberg.

• Stayed July 2014
EdJongen, General Manager at Bilderberg Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,
I have red your remarks and to me it is not acceptable that this incident happened in your room. What is even worse is that no one apologized for this incident. I would like to sincerely apologize for this incident. I have contacted the cleaning company and you can be rest assured that we will take disciplinary action, since there is no reason to remove the charger. I have also addressed the issue with the front office staff to avoid reoccurrence in the future. I regret very much that you had this experience. Could you please mail me your email, so I can write to you personally, my direct mail is ejongen@bilderberg.nl
Kind Regards,
Ed Jongen
Holmfirth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In 2013, my wife and I had dinner at this hotel and decided then to stay there on our next trip.

We have just returned from a few days in Amsterdam before going to Maastricht to see Andre Rieu in his hometown.

The hotel is 5 star and one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

We were upgraded to an Executive room which had free wifi, 2 comfortable armchairs, superb beds and a bathroom with a jacuzzi bath.

We were there the night that Holland were playing Argentina and the atmosphere in the hotel was electric.

Most people were in the lounge bar watching the match and being very well looked after by Frank the barman.

He is a real character and made our stay very enjoyable.

We had dinner in the restaurant but I will review that separately under the restaurants name.

Do stay there, it is situated in a quiet suburb of Amsterdam and the staff are excellent.

We are hoping to go back next year with some of our family for some birthday celebrations.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but for a little bit of special luxury go for an Executive room.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 3 nights found the staff to be very nice and our room was a good size and clean. We did find the room warm at night which made sleeping a little tough. Located 15 minutes from the museum area so a short walk and your right in middle of a great area of Amsterdam. Not much for cafés right by the hotel so we didn't find a close place for breakfast and we won't pay 25 euros for the hotel breakfast. Did get charged 6 euros for a phone call so didn't like that but they never billed me for 3 days of Wifi so it worked out OK.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bilderberg Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!