“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Save Saved
You added Hotel Notting Hill to your Saves list
Hotel Notting Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westeinde 26, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #42 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Cute boutique style hotel located by the canals. Easy to get to from the main Centraal station - just take Tram #4 and it's a handful of stops (approx <15 minutes), tram stops across the street from hotel. Clean, the rooms are decent sized (bigger than I have been at in Netherlands), cute bar, free wifi in rooms/lobby, modern looking. Bathrooms are clean and modern with all you need. We had a 3rd floor, corner room and didn't hear noise from outside at all. The doors do slam so if someone coming back late while you're sleeping, you most likely hear the slam of the door. Service was good, although twice we had to ask for our complimentary water bottles for the room (which were promptly brought up). Helpful at the hotel front desk. They do rent out bicycles for 16euros a day but we found a local spot 10 minutes walk for 10euros a day.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and saw they had floors in the lower floor but probably would be dark and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Judy B,

Thank you for writing this positive review for our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a great stay with us. We realize that the doors make some sound when they close. This is done for safety reasons, they are especially installed to prevent fire from spreading in case of a fire. We realize that this can be heard sometimes, but we value safety for our guests as one of the most important aspects. thank you again for taking the time to write this review and hopefully we may welcome you again soon in our hotel. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A very stylish, centrally located hotel. Lovely modern finish, the design is very well done and the rooms are finished to a very high standard. I had an attic room on the 4th floor and was expecting quite a small room but I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. The bathroom was huge, with an excellent shower and very fluffy, luxurious towels. The room had a small desk so I was able to work in the evenings. The wifi was quite strong in the room but they had provided cable internet access as well, so I was able to work without worrying about the internet access dropping.

The bed was great - really comfortable with great pillows, I slept very well. I wasn't disturbed by any outside noise when sleeping although, I did notice a lot of noise coming from the room next door one night. It seemed to be magnified through the bathroom and was quite loud. Luckily they stopped pretty quickly when I knocked and asked, otherwise it would have been quite disturbing.

I was a little disappointed with the staff, they didn't seem particularly helpful when asked about local transport options. I asked for directions to my office using public transport and was told to get a taxi, despite the fact that there was a tram round the corner that stopped outside the office. I got a similar response when I asked another staff member for directions elsewhere. I know it's a small issue, but I do expect hotel staff to be able to help with directions and be knowledgeable about transport options in the area.

The only other negative was the breakfast charge. It wasn't included in the price, which is quite surprising given the prices charged for a room. They charged a pretty hefty €23.50 for a buffet breakfast - a ludicrous price given the main meals in the restaurant are cheaper than this!

On the whole, a very stylish, classy hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear 107Kazbar,

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive review. We are pleased that you are satisfied with our rooms and features. We do appreciate your feedback concerning transportation advice from our staff and we will discuss this internally in order to improve this for future guests. The price for the breakfast is based on the variety of products offered and the quality. We have chosen to offer fresh and traditional products, which are more expensive.

Thank you again for the compliments and the feedback. We hope that we may welcome you again when you visit Amsterdam next time. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill.
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent 2 nights in this pretentious hotel. The staff was quite rude and did not seem particularly well prepared. Any operation that involved the receptionists required an exaggerate amount of time because they mostly didn't know what to do - e.g. we needed more about 20 minutes to check out in spite of the fact that we had already paid everything on the first day! The rooms were clean - nothing to complain about that. But the toilet/bathroom had a kind of double window (without glass!) that overlooked the bed. You could close it through a kind of curtain, which could not guarantee any real sound-proof or "smell insulation". I found it just creepy. The room was not very big and not very quite, but I have seem worse. Average breakfast.
The position of this hotel is very good, it is at a walking distance from the main truistic attractions and very close to a tram stop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Angelep_2,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay in our hotel. We regret to learn that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. It surprises me that you experienced our staff to be rude, since they are always most appreciated by our guests. I would appreciate it if you could contact me personally, so that I can learn from you what exactly happened during your stay in order to do something about it. Also the check out procedure in our hotel is always very fast and efficient. We did have a system that was not working for a little while last week, which could explain why the check out procedure took more time. I truly appologise for the inconvenience this caused to you. I realise that our decision to install the shutters in the bathroom does not please everyone, but this was done in order to extend the design of the hotel to the rooms as well. They can be closed to assure maximum privacy when in the bathroom. Once again, I would appreciate it if you could contact me personally, so that I can receive additional information about your stay in order to improve our service. Kind regards, Sven van Maanen (Hotelmanager)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The Hotel is well located directly to tram stations where you can go north/south and east/west. You reach all the nescessary Amsterdam spots directly in less than 15min. The rooms are small, but very well designed. Modern, very good isolated windows guarantee you a calm and deep sleep. The beds are perfect to sleep, very comfortable. The bath is modern and perfectly clean. The staff is friendly and helps you where ever they can. The Restaurant has a very good kitchen and a friendly staff. Only thing to complain is the bad Minibar, where you can not store your own stuff. It works like a beverage dispenser...

Dear Andreas S,

Thank you very much for your positive review. It pleases us that you appreciate our rooms and beds so much, since we have chosen to offer the highest quality. All members of our team are motivated to deliver the highest possible service to our guests and I will make sure to share your positive feedback with them. I understand your point concerning the minibar, these were chosen because of operational reasons. Our minibars guarantee that our guests do not have to wait when checking out, since the bought items are immediately charged to the room. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully we may welcome you again soon in Hotel Notting Hill. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill.
St.Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Lovely hotel. Spotlessly clean. Thoughtfully designed. Details spot on. Location prefect. Professional staff ... and a great value! I have other favorites that have proved themselves off my list and wanted to find a small , classy boutique hotel with caring professional staff to replace.
Bingo!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Gayletravels,

Thank you for your great review on this website. We are pleased to hear that you judged eveything of our hotel with the maximum score. Everybody in our team is motivated to deliver the best possible service and quality and the staff is absolutely our greatest asset. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we hope that we may welcome you again in our hotel when you visit Amsterdam next time. Warm regards, Team Notting Hill
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Checked in for a two night stay for my birthday, our flight got in very early so our room was not ready, no problem as the very friendly check in staff looked after our bags and showed us where we were on a map so we could explore.

Returned at 3 and our bags were already in our room. The room is lovely very modern, but also comfortable. The beds are amazing, didn't want to get out of it! The bathroom is large and has everything you need. The only negative is the towels could be a bit bigger.

The bar downstairs is very nice for a pre dinner G & T and the barman was helpful in recommending restaurants to us.

They serve a high tea here, we didn't try it but it looked very popular.

I would recommend this hotel for a romantic break.

Quick note by the doors there is a touch panel that you have to activate for 'do not disturb' or 'clean room' The first day I I didn't notice this and wondered why the room hadn't been made up, touched the button went for a drink and voila, it was done!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
NottingManagement, General Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Nicola6228,

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us. Our beds are of the highest quality and comfort, therefore it is good to know that you found them so comfortable. I will tell the barman that you were very content about his service, he will be very pleased to hear this. We hope that we may welcome you again soon in Hotel Notting Hill. Kind regards, Team Notting Hill

Been to Hotel Notting Hill? Share your experiences!