“Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, walking distance to most everything.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Save Saved
You added Hotel Notting Hill to your Saves list
Hotel Notting Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westeinde 26, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #41 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Okinawa, Japan
“Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, walking distance to most everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked two rooms for a few nights in Amsterdam and loved our stay at the Hotel Notting Hill. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to give us recommendations, directions, or make reservations. The location is great, off the main roads to be quiet and quaint, but close enough to walk to many of the sights. There is also a tram stop right outside of the hotel, which was super convenient. The room was very comfortable and modern and very quiet. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and consider it for a future trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wicklow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here from 21st to 24 th of November 2013 in a single room. The price was high 143 plus taxes for thurs to 170 plus taxes for Saturday. The prices go up depending on how busy the city is according to the receptionist! The city taxes are added on to the room price so be careful of that when you are budgeting. The location is great as its right beside a picturesque canal and a little off the beaten track though sill convenient for walking, cycling and the tram stops right outside.
The hotel itself is clean and warm though its quite sterile with no atmosphere and a very quiet bar. The barfood is good though. We rented bikes for the day at 16.50 euro each which I thought was very expensive considering the high cost of the rooms. I noticed that my bike had a broken lamp and no back brake after unlocking it and called back to reception to notify them and I wasn't believed, 'just back pedal' she said! I got another bike and it worked out fine but there is definitely an unhelpful unfriendly attitude with the staff here. On the first night I requested foam pillows as I have a feather allergy and was told there was 'nothing we can do now' and that was it! i slept on an extra quilt(foam) for the three nights, no apologies and no follow up just 170 euro plus tax please per night , bye bye!
All in all a very average hotel which I wouldn't return to it as it is unfriendly and unhelpful. My advice is find somewhere more helpful for that price. Easily done.

Room Tip: The windows in my room didn't. The bathroom door is a swing door,no lock,made of glass so no pri...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was 1st time when I got room in basement, and believe me it was good. As I didn't spend daytime in my room, small window near ceiling was enough.
Big, well decorated room, bathroom with separate tub and walk-in shower, good, not yet worn-out materials. Surprisingly good electronic light switches.
Free wi-fi with router in room, free Nespresso coffee machine.
At reception lady greeted me, explained everything and led to elevator. Later I used stairs, and those were unkempt for 3 nights I spent in hotel in contrast to cleanliness of room.
I didn't go for EUR 23 breakfast, instead on my way to museums bought brotje with young herring for EUR 3. And believe: it was simple and divine.
Hotel is 15 minutes walk to museum district and tram stops just opposite hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I recently spent 5 days in Netherlands on business and stayed at the Hotel Notting Hill on my last night before departing on an early morning flight. Do yourself a favor and stay an extra day or two if you can. This hotel is wonderful and Amsterdam is great. From a location perspective though, if you want to be right in the middle of the tourist hustle and bustle of the red light district or Rembrandt Plein then you will have a bit of a walk or trolly ride but, frankly, I am not sure I would want to stay near there anyway. Hotel Notting Hill is a short taxi ride from the train station and an easy walk to anything you want to see. The hotel is among my favorite boutique hotels I have stayed in. The bar-man was great with directions and suggestions of what to see, he stayed open late when we came home for a night-cap and was super friendly. I needed a cell phone charger cord and the check-in gal dug one up for me which was super and the room, while quite small was amazing. Everything was as though it had just been renovated and they did not spare a single expense. On top of all that, we were up early the next morning for our flight so I got a cup of coffee from the bar and it was quite possibly the best cup of coffee I have ever had even more than in Italy, France, UK or Germany. While a little off of the beaten tourist path, this hotel is really great.

Room Tip: I was put in a room on the front of the hotel at the corner so I had two windows which was nice howe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Booked this hotel after trying to find the perfect location at a great price... was not disappointed! It's literally about 10 minutes from anywhere of interest (by tram)... the only downside to having a tram stop outside is the thundering sound every 15 minutes or so but you get used to this & it never woke us up. We stayed for 3 nights & the hotel staff could not have been more helpful from checking in, right up to checking out. They even had a traditional porter in the red uniform on the door one night! We never ate in the restaurant so can't rate that but the rooms were great, spacious and clean. The bathroom was lovely, shower had 2 options... you could either use the big round head on the ceiling as a rainfall shower or use the handheld shower head on the wall. The minibar is a vending machine which is strange but pretty cool... we asked for a canal view room & the staff were apologetic when they "couldn't fulfil" this & gave us a corner room instead... which had a canal view! Guess it wasn't full canal view so didn't count? Upon checking in, we were provided with a map on which all the main attractions were circled & explained. The bed was extremely comfortable, the sheets were so soft & silky that I found myself sliding off the edge at one point! You get a dressing gown & slippers, anything you could need in the bathroom too... from toothbrush & toothpaste to a sewing kit & shoe sponge! Complimentary water upon arrival in the room & also an electronic safe where you specify your own code. There are 2 blinds on each window: 1 light that gives privacy but allows light through, or a blackout blind. All in all, I would (& in fact, already have) recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view room, probably the higher the better due to tram noise!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This boutique hotel has everything I can ask for in a hotel: modern, spacious, spotlessly clean, new appliances, new bedding, comfy double bed, fluffy towels, great shower, big bathroom...etc. etc. It's my new favourite hotel. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Delicious and fast room service from the restaurant downstairs - we had the same meal twice! Really close to some great areas of Amsterdam - could easily stroll to any bars and restaurants we needed to go to. Can't recommend this hotel enough - I would have paid way more for this comfort.

Room Tip: Room 120 doesn't have a view (just facing a brick wall) and the cleaning-staff's room is nea...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, small, convenient with excellent rooms. Missed out on breakfast, but service in general really friendly. Location quite good and prices fair in comparison to similar hotels in Amsterdam. Would visit again, definately.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Notting Hill? Share your experiences!