“simply stunning, one night not enough for this incredible place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

You added Hotel Notting Hill to your Saves list
Hotel Notting Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westeinde 26, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #71 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“simply stunning, one night not enough for this incredible place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I arrived here very early in the morning as I was coming off set for a shoot, upon entering the hotel with a very swift check in and a wonderful member of the staff taking me to my room. She instantly put my do not disturb on the door (via a very modern electronic system) and pushed my check in from 12pm to 3pm as I came in at 7am!!! She then left me in my what can only be described as beautiful room. Very very very spacious by Amsterdam standards, HUGE bathroom with massive shower and bath, both could equally fit around 7-10 people in at no squeeze. Heaven! White fluffy robes. Incredible bed. One of the most perfect nights sleeps I have had in Amsterdam. I cant wait to come again and enjoy it for more than one brief night! Faultless!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laurendyer

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel Notting Hill is great little boutique hotel that has large very well appointed rooms. The location isn't central but Amsterdam is very walkable and rental bikes are readily available. The staff was very accommodating to requests and knowledgeable about the city. The hotel restaurant is a nice option in a city not known for it's cuisine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael M
Mechelen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent price quality, at least the deal I got. Spacious rooms for Amsterdam, excellent upkeep and fine breakfast. Welcoming staff.... And price location linked to the tram. I will be back here ...no need to search any further

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank robfets
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Came here with my girlfriend for a weekend away at the beginning of February and loved it. Perfect location (central with a handy tram line outside which takes you right into the centre in minutes), amazing interior and bathrooms, friendly attentive staff. We had a room which looked right over a canal and looked amazing at night. Very comfy bed. We also had the burgers on the menu for our room service. Arrived in less than ten minutes and tasted soooo good! Highly recommended and will visit next time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wallah W
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Located in an apparently circulated area, right across the central bank, this amazing boutique hotel manages to offer the perfect combination of tranquility, beautiful images, trendy facilities and a helpful staff, apparently without any effort. Perfect solution for accommodation in central Amsterdam, recommended for business or leisure trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner single room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Oana67
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend in February 2013 for a mini break and I specifically chose this hotel based on the online reviews - I was not disappointed.

We arrived at midday and I knew check-in wasn't until 3pm so Anneke on reception gave us a map and suggested things we might be interested in and showed us things close by to do until our room was ready. My boyfriend and I are both in our late twenties and we arrived in tracksuits and trainers simply because we like to be comfortable but we were treated very profesionally and given a warm welcome.

We returned at 3pm on the dot and we were shown to our room where our luggage was already waiting for us. We were absolutely blown away by the room. I had booked a deluxe room but we'd been upgraded to a deluxe room with a canal view which was beautiful. The bed was huge, the bathroom was huge, everything was immaculate and generally appointed to a very, very high standard.

The standard of the rooms and service impressed me so much that when I go back to Amsterdam I won't consider any other hotel. I actually think this hotel is worth more than I paid for it and having such a beautiful place to relax made the trip perfect. The location is about a half hour walk from Central Station but it's walking distance to many attractions e.g. Heineken Experience, Spui & a lovely Saturday market. There are 2 trams that stop right outside the hotel which take you past all the attractions so we found it lovely travelling by a mixture of trams and on foot.

I would also like to commend the young man who worked in the hotel who wore the red outfit, he was dressed like a bell boy. He was excellent but I don't know his name!

The only thing I can even think to say as a negative is that the bathroom light was a bit tricky to work - I wanted to sound fair by highlighting one thing I didn't like!

Stay here - you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jonathan J
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Next to the river the hotel is in the perfect place, not directly in the center but 5 min away by tram/taxi.
The hotel is very chic and the staff were extremely helpful and nice. The amenities were also really helpful, with a ice machine in the hall and full toiletry kit in your bathroom, there is very little you will be missing.
Will stay here again if we go back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Cindy,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a good stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

With kind regards,