“great hotel but breakfast cost drags down rating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Notting Hill

Save Saved
You added Hotel Notting Hill to your Saves list
Hotel Notting Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westeinde 26, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #44 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester
“great hotel but breakfast cost drags down rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel gets a 3 because of the breakfast issue - more of that later.
Otherwise I would rate it 4 or 4.5.

When?
I stayed with my wife for long weekend 16-19th Feb. I wanted a good hotel for low price and this was best TA rating/review I could get. For the price I got a basement room which was no issue.

Staff
Very helpful & courteous. Credit to hotel.
When we arrived a tall guy at reception gave us a map and showed us where all the sights, places to eat & shop were etc. Our first time in Amsterdam and this proved invaluable so thanks for that.

Room & facilities
Room was good size, good style, comfortable and spotless. A credit to the hotel.
Bed was extremely comfortable. One of best hotel beds we've slept in.
Bathroom very good - shower was great. No bath but no problem for us.
I agree with other reviewers though. The door was frosted glass and not private - you can hear everything if you know what I mean. Also if you go to bathroom at night and put its light on, it brightens up the whole bedroom – I was worried I’d wake the mrs. up?

Ethernet and WiFi in room. WiFi coverage in hotel can't be faulted.
All very good but devices seem to need to be registered in reception area before working in room. Maybe some MAC address registering or something. We have iphone, ipad and S3 and they had to be re-registered too often by going back to reception, which was a pain.

Breakfast
I didn't book it originally and was told €20 when we arrived. Based on what was implied by staff, I thought this was €20 each for our stay for the 3 days so total €60. But no - it was €20 each per day so total €120.
There was a relatively small selection, and we prefer a cooked breakfast. Although the food was ok tasting, it was cold EVERY day. I don’t expect to pay SO much for cold food.
I don't normally give scathing reviews, but seriously Notting Hill, that price for a cold breakfast? Very Poor indeed. For this reason it is extortionate and I recommend other people don’t waste their money.

Room Tip: basement rooms suffer from hearing people move chairs in restaurant above. Only an issue in morning...

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here in February 2013 for a weekend, hotel is very nice, rooms were well decorated and clean. However the air conditioning in our room kept making funny noises intermittently, they were so loud we couldnt get to sleep. In the end we had to be asked to be moved to another room, this seemed better for a few hours but then started with the same noise, fortunately not as loud, but still somewhat annoying. Thankfully we only stayed there two nights but any longer and I would of had to move hotels!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My partner and I recently booked a bargain mini break to Amsterdam, so our expectations were not particularly high for this hotel. However I am pleased to say that the Notting Hill completely exceeded our expectations - our room was beautifully fitted out with some lovely extras such as a Nespresso machine, Ipod aux lead and some fancy lighting. Breakfast was included in our package, and this was high quality with plenty of choice including fresh bread and fruit, pastries, and the usual English breakfast ingredients.
Location was slightly out of the way but this wasn't much of a problem as there is a tram stop directly opposite the hotel which will take you straight into the centre of the city. I would highly recommend the Notting Hill as the service we received was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NottingManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Notting Hill, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to receive your review through Tripadvisor and to read that you enjoyed a good stay at Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future and thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

With kind regards,

Team Hotel Notting Hill Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in January 2013 and found the saff were friendly, the location was great and the room was very nice. I would stay again and would recommend it to others. Overall a very cool hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fantastic Hotel!

After much deliberating we opted for the Notting Hill, and what a fantastic choice. We were in Holland visiting family but wanted one night of luxury to ourselves and boy did we get it. The bed was so big I don't think we touched each other all night. Room was modern, and everything is quality.

Only advice would be the bathroom doesn't offer up much privacy, which was fine for us, but anyone in a new relationship might want to think about the fact all can be seen & heard :)

Only complaint is that we only stayed for one night! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place, right up our street!

Modern, lovely staff and everything was just perfect!

Considering we stayed from a Groupon deal, I felt we were treated exactly the same as any full paying customers..

I recommend this to everyone, perfect area to stay in and right next to a tram line for a quick journey into town!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have just come back from a two night trip to the Notting Hill in Amsterdam and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Full full details of our trip,click the link at the end of this review but before you book a different hotel for your trip that might be closer to town please bear in mind that from the central station to our bedroom was a 25 min walk at max and if you prefer public transport use the tram that stops outside and will take you anywhere you need to go very cheaply. Please use this hotel: free wifi,excellent breakfast,helpfull staff who speak perfect English and an immaculately turned out hotel in and out. I can't recommend it highly enough. For more details click on my link.
www.stevetaphouse.wordpress.com/destination-Amsterdam

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Notting Hill? Share your experiences!