“Just what I was looking for!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are beginner or advanced and photography is your passion, Photo Tours of Amsterdam will inspire and guide you to take the best pictures in this UNESCO World Heritage Site, often called the “Venice of the North”.Journey with our experienced, resident, english speaking photographers through the seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam and encounter the authentic Dutch Golden Age spirit. You will take from Amsterdam the best souvenirs, a great knowledge of your camera, exceptional photographs flavored with a touch of history and memories that last a lifetime.
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Just what I was looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be the only photographer on my tour and thus was able to have one-on-one instruction with my tour guide Tom. He was very helpful in explaining the functions of my digital SLR to take improved nighttime photos that I needed to take it to the next step from point and shoot photography. The route that he took us on was great for night time photos and as he is from Amsterdam he was able to give us better insight into the areas that we were walking through. I thoroughly enjoyed this tour and would highly recommend it.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco
5 attraction reviews
“A good way to add to your skills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Originally I was wondering that after taking pictures for 30+ years, including working at Kodak in its glory days, whether taking a photographer’s tour of Amsterdam would be worthwhile. Petrina met me promptly at 09h30 at Rembrandt Square and she combined both history of the city along with sharing her perspectives about taking good pictures. I learned how to not only consider the area of focus but also the content of the areas out of focus in making my compositions so there was a note of Amsterdam in the background. Also, there were a couple controls on my cameras which I haven’t used much which helped in the color balance on a cloudy day. All-in-all if you need a nudge out of your photographic comfort zone, taking a photographic tour is a good way to obtain a different view and meld it into your techniques especially if you have been taking photographs for years. For pictures that I took during the tour, visit – http://myviewsofparis.shutterfly.com/pictures/4532

Cary, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Greatly disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was very excited about photo tour in amsterdam.Read all the reviews, was a hard decision between this company and photo safari, unfortunately chose wrong. Made the reservation the morning before, was a little worried with only a 24 hr notice, but the reservation went through and paid in full with paypal at the time. It said I would be getting email concerning place to meet.That night, when I had not gotten the email, wrote themexpressing my concern, but never heard back.As our time in Amsterdam was short, and I had expected to be on the photo tour, really impacted our visit.It took several other emails, and 4 days to get my money back. Apology inadequate.

New York City, New York
“Professional advice at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Considering that my guide was a professional photographer with extensive experience, the tour was a great value (plumbers charge more per hour !). Plus, Tom was super nice, patient, and made me feel very comfortable. The tour never felt rushed, and it ended when we were done, rather than at an exact time. Great experience! I'd highly recommend it. I consider myself an intermediate photographer (shoot RAW, have my own photo blog, good equipment), and I still learned a lot, especially about composing a scene.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently stepped up from a point-and-shoot to dSLR camera and was still getting used to my new camera. Adelina was excellent at demystifying how to use my camera controls and how best to compose my shots. She had a good structure to the tour with enough flexibility to address my needs. She even took a slight detour to the flower market so I could get some experience using a new lens I had just purchased that was well suited for capturing details. In addition to the photo advice, Adelina was very knowledgeable of the sites we encountered and provided a nice commentary. Thank you Adelina for a great tour! What I gained during the tour was well worth the cost!