“Tour in Winter in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are beginner or advanced and photography is your passion, Photo Tours of Amsterdam will inspire and guide you to take the best pictures in this UNESCO World Heritage Site, often called the “Venice of the North”.Journey with our experienced, resident, english speaking photographers through the seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam and encounter the authentic Dutch Golden Age spirit. You will take from Amsterdam the best souvenirs, a great knowledge of your camera, exceptional photographs flavored with a touch of history and memories that last a lifetime.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Tour in Winter in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Last weekend I did a tour with guide Tom Elst. A very rewarding experience and higly recommendable when you want to see and lknow about the most beautiful sights and learning to use your camera in various ways, depending on light, objects and movement. Tom was a very pleasant guide who is not only very knowleagdable about his city but also a very skilled photographer and teacher.
I highly recommend this tour to anyone!!

Visited February 2013
TP2010, Owner at Photo Tours of Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It was our pleasure to serve you through our Photo Tours of Amsterdam

Cork, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Photography Tour and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked this photo Tour in January 2013, not entirely sure what it would consist of. I've had a DSLR for one a year now and wanted to improve my skills.
Our tour guide was Tom Elst, who I can not recommend highly enough. Tom showed me through out the tour how to improve my pictures, by adjusting the settings, exposure etc with the camera and went through some interesting techniques such as panning, which we used for taking pictures of moving cyclists. Tom was ridiculously helpful throughout and will tailor the tour to exactly your needs, i.e. he'll spend more time on photography part (and vary it on your level of experience) or more time on the tour side.
It was freezing cold the morning we went out, and Tom was able to take us indoors for a coffee for a half hour to warm up. We never felt rushed and he was even good enough to give us an extra half hour at the end of our session.
As well as his vast expertise in photography, his knowledge of Amsterdam history was what made the tour so worthwhile for us.
Any questions we had about architecture, history, painters Tom had something to tell us.
The route he took us on was varied and allowed us to see alot, and Tom topped off an excellent experience by bring us to a lovely spot to have lunch.
This is the total package tour for someone interested in photography and wants to get a history of Amsterdam. My girlfriend (who was able to come along for free) really enjoyed the tour also.

Visited January 2013
Clarkston, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently enjoyed an instructive 1/2 day photo tour with Adelina. I have been using my Canon SLR camera while traveling for the past 7 years without knowing all the technical aspects of photography. Adelina patiently brought me up to speed and taught me a number of advanced photographic techniques that allow for superior results. A number of my friends have been impressed with my photos after my session with her. She is quite dedicated and did not allow a snowstorm deter us. Her methodical approach opened my eyes to the fascinating world of photography. This was a great way to tour Amsterdam, improve my skills and meet a passionate photographer.

Visited January 2013
Toledo, OH
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour, great for beginning photographers too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a wonderful time on our tour with Adelina. My husband and I were the only ones on our tour so it was like a private tour! Adelina was very knowledgeable about both the city and my camera (even though I have a Canon and she carries a Nikon). She is a professional photographer by trade so you are getting real expertise, not just a tour guide with some camera smarts. Suddenly, all the classes I had taken made sense! In addition she was personable and fun. We opted for the additional hour bike ride to the windmill and it was well worth it. Not hard biking, but challenging given the bike traffic in Amsterdam. Adelina took good care of us and always made sure we were following and had room to make turns and be safe cyclists. I would highly recommend this tour, and especially Adelina, for getting some great snaps of Amsterdam.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle, Australia
19 attraction reviews
“A trip worth taking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a stopover in Amsterdam before joining a tour. My hubby had bought us a new digital camera before we left. We decided to take this tour for two reasons. One to see Amsterdam in a direr rent light and two to learn how to use our new camera. This was probably this best tour we did. We saw things we probably would not have seen, but also Adalina was so patient,helpful and knowledgeable. She made using the new camera easy. The photos we took look just like the ones you see in the travel magazine. For a very amateurish photographer that I am I felt like a professional. Thoroughly recommend this tour.

Visited December 2011