“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jackie O Bed & Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Jackie O Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Jackie O Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bloemgracht 73, 1069 KG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #55 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Maryland, USA
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I searched the internet for a long time to find the perfect place to stay in Amsterdam. And I think I succeeded with Jackie O's. This is a beautiful studio apartment in the Jordaan neighborhood that overlooks the Bloemgracht canal. It is in a quiet location, but a short walk will take you to a neighborhood filled with small restaurants and access to the trams. The Anne Frank House is literally a 5 minute walk away (although the line was always very long, and we never had a chance to visit).

This little gem gives you the advantage of a quiet neighborhood, but also quick access to the busier side of Amsterdam. We walked from Dam Square back to the hotel, but you could easily take the tram. The Hop on-Hop off bus stop is also a short walk away (we found this tour very helpful in getting our bearings in the city).

I can highly recommend Jackie O's.

Room Tip: There is only one room - but it's fabulous.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After much research trying to find a perfect place to stay while in Amsterdam, I came across Jackie O B&B! Truly perfection! The location was wonderful! The view delightful! Located in the quite but elegant and trendy Jordaan neighborhood, along the Bloemgracht canal. A short walk to Anne Frank House, (which you should pre-purchase your tickets for to bypass the very long lines), restaurants, shops, a few bus lines, and a great supermarket! I loved hearing the melodic church bells everyday, and waking up in a pleasant and bright studio flat. There is a small kitchen area, with fridge to keep a breakfast and snacks handy to eat before you begin your day in Amsterdam. I was there with my 17 year old son, so while not acceptable accommodations for some it was fine for us. The bed can be either a king or two smaller beds which worked out great for us! Jackie and her dog Ziggy made us feel at home! She answered ALL our questions, and arranged for a very very early taxi pick up-even woke up to see us off! WiFi is free, as is tea, coffee, wine, and delicious danish waffle cookies and chocolate!
I would definitely recommend these accommodations, and will return if I return to Amsterdam some day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Epsom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Jackie O B&B was an absolute delight complete with a stunning view. A warm welcome from Jackie herself, a beautifully presented studio apartment, a quiet canal side location yet only minutes from the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam's famous attractions, the Jordaan area with its restaurants and bars - Jackie O B&B could not have been better and we couldn't think of staying anywhere else. Thank you Jackie for making our 30th wedding anniversary so memorable.

Room Tip: There is only one room - but what a room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, España
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've stayed a long weekend recently in Jackie O B&B and all I can say is “Just too marvelous”. We were delighted with the studio (full of light and comfort) but also with the views and the neighborhood. It is a nice area of the city, very quiet but plenty of restaurants. Jackie O B&B is just a couple of steps away from the Anna Frank Museum and 10-15 minutes walking to the center, which is a nice walk.
At the time we met Jackie we confirmed what we had read in the visitors’ opinions. She is such a wonderful host! She gave us a warm welcome and lots of valuable advices. In short words, she made life easy for us.
Jackie has been one of the best parts of our stay. Without her it could not had been the same. We hope to come back very, very soon!!
Virginia (Madrid)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We hate to tell anyone about this place for fear we'll never get in again. Jackie is so wonderful, you feel like a special friend. Hi also to her adorable dog! The room is lovely, great view, great location in the Jordaan. Can't imagine staying anywhere else. We only wish we were there longer. Thanks, Jackie. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Papa, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My first visit to Amsterdam was business related and I had little time to plan what to see, what to do and where to stay. My business accomodations were in the Ibis Stopera at Valkenburgerstraat 68, a reasonably priced accomodation in the City Center that I would have been fine remaining at, but they had no room at the Inn for RussellK105 for the weekend portion of my stay. After looking at a multitude of hotel options both in the city center, and outside, I was not comfortable with my available options as there was an imbalance in the (price/value/amenities/location). Eventually, I began to look at B&B options and stumbled upon the positive reviews about Jackie O B&B. It was not far from my business location, still in city center, the price was right, and the Jordaan district offered a lot of possibilities for wandering, beverages, cuisine, and entertainment within reasonable distance. Anyway, the best thing about Jackie O B&B, is Jackie O...she's got personality, is easy to talk to and is so, so very helpful in helping you identify places of interest to go based on what you tell her about yourself. The second best thing about JOBB is the view from the room...beautiful, relaxing, view of the Bloemgracht canal had me inclined to stay in, drink tea, catch up on my reading and snooze on the comfortable bed. The room has a microwave/convexion oven, free, highspeed internet, a selection of quality teas, a capuccino machine and selection of capuccino choices. There's also a small refrigerator with a complimentary bottle of white wine and if you snoop long enough, you will discover a decent quantity of the traditional Dutch waffle biscuits. After working out the logistics related to check-in and arrival, I mentioned to Jackie that I was interested in dining at a good seafood restaurant, a comfortable neighborhood pub and/or coffehouse and making my way to hear some good live music, preferably jazz, latin, or blues. When I arrived, Jackie had gone well beyond the call of duty in researching my interests and finding 1, 2, or 3 options for me to check into. She proceeded to tell me about many other interesting places to watch a movie on the waterfront, or do some waterfront dining, checkout a local weekend market, and where to sample Dutch treats, or other international cuisine. She explained some of the traditions related to celebrating the Queen's (King's ) Birthday and gave me the 411 on then Princess, now Queen Maxima. In my 30-50 minute conversation with Jackie, I learned much more about Amsterdam and life in the Netherlands than I could have reading a complete tourist guide...by the way, she has several tourists guides available in at least 2 or 3 different languages. I could go on, but suffice it to say, that if you do not require someone to cook breakfast, or typical hotel infrastructure and services, you cannot go wrong staying at JOBB. I'm a very satisfied customer and will be back to experience more of Amsterdam. If I had one negative, it's that I must have stayed during one of the coldest spells Jackie could recall...the room is not well insulated, though there are plenty of blankets...I had to keep playing with the thermostat, but Jackie does have a portable heater she will bring to the room in extreme cold temperatures.

Room Tip: If you are coming straight from Schiphol and need transport to a major hotel, look into the Conexxio...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Jackie O's deserves glowing reviews. This is by far the best place I've stayed in Europe. I am incredibly picky and have stayed at 12 hotels/B&Bs in Europe. This was cleaner, more spacious, and more comfortable than any. This is the first room my husband and I have ever wanted to just "hang out" in--and that's saying a lot considering the many great attractions in Amsterdam. Staying here lets you feel like you're living with the locals in a quiet Amsterdam neighborhood. You have your own separate entrance and your own space, so there's tons of privacy.
When we arrived, Jackie invited us in for tea and coffee and gave us a bunch of tips about attractions. She was happy to store our luggage, as it was about 9 a.m. when we arrived. Throughout the week, Jackie cleaned up our room promptly and provided us with all the possible comforts. She has thought of EVERYTHING in the room--if you need it, you'll likely find it there.
Jackie puts together a fantastic breakfast. There's yogurt, eggs, honey, cereal, meat, cheese, bread, tea, coffee, jam, chocolate sprinkles!, and more. She has also provided a list of restaurant suggestions. We used the list almost every day and never ate anything we didn't like.
I would never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Thank you, Jackie!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jackie O Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!